• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How 'bout dem perfect 0.5's!

30 posts in this topic

I could get this slabbed, I guess.

181reader.jpg

Nah that one is too good. Now this one with interior panels cut out and what looks like mildew on the front and back cover is a prime candidate for a .5

incrediblehulk181nh2.jpg

The scary part about .5's is I would expect much worse than what I'm seeing. Is there any such thing as a slabbed 0 (Zero)???

I seen a Marvel Stamps book with a NN in the Grade window.. NO GRADE

The scary part about .5's is I would expect much worse than what I'm seeing. Is there any such thing as a slabbed 0 (Zero)???

I seen a Marvel Stamps book with a NN in the Grade window.. NO GRADE

The No Grade is a newer grade (less than a year old), which can be applied to books where a grade might be misleading - such as wraps of Action #1 as well as coverless or incomplete books.

What defects rate a .5 grade? :popcorn:

Hard to say. OSPG identifies very brittle, incomplete, severe wear and stains as major reasons for 0.5.

I'm guessing CGC didn't like all that tape on the MMC 3. I would assign it a 1.0 since it's complete, there are no big pieces missing, and is not brittle.

Not sure if anything other than the back cover is missing on the Fantastic 3. If that's the only part missing, it should be a 1.0 per OSPG.