• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG news about my BONE!

51 posts in this topic

:headbang: best bone news all year!

btw, i'm totally gonna score this copy! MINE!! :sumo:

how much would a Bone 1 9.6 set ya back?

tough to say...

9.6Q went for $1316 a few months ago....so i'd say around 1.7k :foryou:

although that needn't concern you....this one will be fought out between CDubz and i...everyone else back off!!

Well ... If your 9.2 is worth $900, I'd say the 9.6 is worth more like $2k+ hm

just because i had my 9.2 up for sale for $900 doesn't mean its worth $900 (:

i have my 9.2 valued somewhere between $700-800 FMV, and my 9.4 at $1200-ish

so yeah, i'd stick by my original claim of the 9.6 being worth $1700-1800, IMO :foryou:

you know, kind of like how you had your 8.5 SS at upwards of $1200 at one point :)

Well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, of course :)

The way I see it is that there's only one 9.8 out there (which, as far as I know, is in a private collection and is not going anywhere), and less than a handful of 9.6's - only two of which have ever been sold publicly (the Q in 2008 for $1325, the blue label back in 2004 for $538).

If you look at the sale of raw Bone #1 the prices have seen a steady increase in the last couple of years - people are paying silly money for overgraded ebay junk with stamp-sized photos - and if this copy came on the market, I think there would be enough high-grade Modern collectors to trigger a small bidding frenzy & push the book past the $2k mark.

Unlike other popular modern series (Miracleman comes to mind) where each CGC Census update shows a new batch of HG copies, there just doesn't seem to be enough HG copies of Bone #1 to go around.

Anyway, it's all relatively academic until this copy shows up on ebay or comiclink :)

mschmidt id tend to agree with ya! I dont even have the book or decided that I want to sell it and I have already had 2 offers over 2K lol

Good for you (thumbs u

The way I see it is that there's only one 9.8 out there (which, as far as I know, is in a private collection and is not going anywhere), and less than a handful of 9.6's - only two of which have ever been sold publicly (the Q in 2008 for $1325, the blue label back in 2004 for $538).

The guy with the 9.8 is more-than-willing to sell if he gets a hit towards $5k. He had it on ComicLink for a few months with a standing "bid" of $4,800 (the bid looked like a shill to me meh ). He took it down late last month, I think.

The Q was sold three times publicly, all within a year (the first two were BINs). Who knows what a blue label would hit?

The guy with the 9.8 is more-than-willing to sell if he gets a hit towards $5k. He had it on ComicLink for a few months with a standing "bid" of $4,800 (the bid looked like a shill to me meh ). He took it down late last month, I think.

The Q was sold three times publicly, all within a year (the first two were BINs). Who knows what a blue label would hit?

The Bonefather has spoken :sumo:

tough to say...

although that needn't concern you....this one will be fought out between CDubz and i...everyone else back off!!

so yeah, i'd stick by my original claim of the 9.6 being worth $1700-1800, IMO :foryou:

you know, kind of like how you had your 8.5 SS at upwards of $1200 at one point :)

If you look at the sale of raw Bone #1 the prices have seen a steady increase in the last couple of years - people are paying silly money for overgraded ebay junk with stamp-sized photos - and if this copy came on the market, I think there would be enough high-grade Modern collectors to trigger a small bidding frenzy & push the book past the $2k mark.

Unlike other popular modern series (Miracleman comes to mind) where each CGC Census update shows a new batch of HG copies, there just doesn't seem to be enough HG copies of Bone #1 to go around.

Anyway, it's all relatively academic until this copy shows up on ebay or comiclink :)

mschmidt id tend to agree with ya! I dont even have the book or decided that I want to sell it and I have already had 2 offers over 2K lol

I would think it would go well into the 2,000s, but I am biased. (thumbs u

tough to say...

I would think it would go well into the 2,000s, but I am biased. (thumbs u

Hey gernblanston looks like we are now members of a small club together :headbang: