• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is ASM #13 in VF/NM really a $1760 book?

13 posts in this topic

Again I don't really collect ASM but looking to get in and I see neatstuffcollectibles selling an ASM #13 CGC 9.0 ow pages with a buy it now of $1760. I placed a bid and didn't meet the reserve. Is he on crack or is that a good price for this book? What about 7 months from now when the movie comes out?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2211804419&category=32739

Eric

If it is worth 1760, it must've happened over night. Most 9.0's have never sold on eBay for more than 1100. Only one surpassed that and it went for 1,300. So I'm going to go ahead and say Neatstuff is continuing their practice of overpricing wink.gif

Brian

I've got a Spider-man #8 CGC NM- I could sell you for that price if you're interested. Then again, I think Neatstuff can afford to charge a little extra for their books. They have the name recognition, the exposure (they are the #1 comic book seller on eBay by volume) and the trust that comes from buying from a well-known store. Personally, I buy from Neatstuff alot. The trick is to find out their bottom line minimum price that they will take for their books which is often below their reserves. It all depends on how much $$ they have into a particular book. I rarely meet their reserves on eBay, but they still get a reasonable amount of business from me. I know alot of people on these boards don't seem to like NeatStuff for one reason or another, but personally I enjoy buying from them, provided I am able to get the books for the right price smile.gif

Adam

If I had to choose between the 2 for that price, I'd go with the 8 9.2. Just because the price is slightly closer to the FMV than the 13 is. However, if both were priced at 1250, I'd go with the 13 cause it's a first app smile.gif

Brian

Hey, true enough, but in Spidey 8 Peter Parker fights Flash Thompson (one of my favorite scenes in the Spider-man movie) Plus um.. well.. Spider-man 8 features the first appearance of... The Living Brain... You mean to tell me Spidey 13 has a bigger first appearance than that? smile.gif

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that Earth shattering first app. I had heard there's rumors it's going to be appearing in its own series.. with Sleepwalker and NFL Superpro as sidekicks.

Lets hope nobody at Marvel is reading this as thats just the sort of thing they might try... blush.gifgrin.giftonofbricks.gif

I've seen several go in the $1200 range in late 2001 and into 2002, but no, it's not a $1700 book. But then again, before a few months ago, I wouldn't have said Spidey Annual #1 in CGC 9.0 was a $1800 book, but I think two have sold in that range this year...so you never know, it depends on how hard a time the buyer has had finding any given book. I bought a CGC 9.0 Spidey 13 about 6 months ago on ebay for ~$1000 so it's been up for much less than $1700 this year.

In 2001 they rarely went over $1000...I got my CGC 9.0 copy in late 2001 for $850. I never saw one go for over $1200 until this year...but there haven't been many in the last year so that's probably why.