• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trying to gauge interest

8 posts in this topic

for the OA for the entire issue of Lobo #2 from Dell in the 60's, not including the cover (which I think is just taken from an interior page anyway), before I scan/photograph all those pages. Sure, it's not #1, but just curious what this "historic" title's interest might be (1st black character to get his own comic series...cancelled after issue #2 because, apparently, there was a refusal to distribute copies in some areas). honestly, i think this could have a lot of value to someone who collects or markets black collectibles (though the artist writer were not black, the main character was an it was done in a non-offensive way, etc), but I don't know anyone and e-mailing random african american celebrities (wouldn't will smith like to do Lobo the movie?) isn't going to get me anywhere...

I guess not so much interest on these here boards.... I will start writing my letters to Will Smith, Shaq, et al. A couple of grand for them is pocket change.

Sorry, the blob, but I don't have much interest in this. If Kirby had drawn the issue, you bet, you'd be sitting on a fortune. But the artist was Tony Tallarico (a/k/a Tony Williamson) and the character was a black cowboy. I've never been into the cowboy books.

Still, it's kinda cool that you have the OA for this issue. I think, for historic reasons, you might want to approach one of the few museums that feature comic art. Somebody there might be able to offer you a payment or (at the least) a terrific tax deduction.

and the character was a black cowboy. I've never been into the cowboy books.

hence the reason i'm thinking this is worth more than the whatever $ a page generic Dell 60's stuff tends to get. 1st black character with his own series...yes, incredibly obscure and cancelled after 2 issues.... i guess I'll stick it up on ebay and list it in a few categories. heritage seems like an idea, maybe with a reserve just in case.