• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100 Bullets #1 SS Azzarello from NYCC, with story

12 posts in this topic

This bad boy showed up yesterday, and I couldn't be happier:

100Bullets1.jpg

Here's the story:

I'm a 100 Bullets fan, and when I saw that Midtown Comics was hosting a signing opportunity with Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso at the NYCC, I set about looking for a high grade #1 which they could sign. Unfortunately, this was just about a week before the con, so time was an issue. Looked around, and the best I could find was a 9.6 #1 on eBay. Seller had good feedback, so I took the plunge. The seller (Devlin Collectibles) turned out to be terrific, and was happy to accommodate my request for expedited shipping.

So with my slabbed 9.6 in hand I headed off to the NYCC, made my way to the CGC booth, and presented the slab to Joe (? 98% sure that was his name, apologies for not getting his last name), and asked him to accompany me to the Midtown booth for the Azzarello / Risso signing. He gave me all the appropriate warnings about cracking the slab (might not come back in the same grade, etc.), and then proceeded to expertly extract the book and make a window bag. We headed off to the Midtown booth, where we discovered that Risso wasn't around, but Brian Azzarello was there and ready to go.

Got the book signed, back to the CGC area for paperwork, and off goes my 9.6 to its new home in a Signature Series slab, with me hoping that it keeps it prior grade.

So when I open the box yesterday and discover a 9.8 . . . well, let's just say I was pleased :headbang:

Thanks to Joe and the other folks at the NYCC CGC booth for helping me with this. Very satisfied customer here :grin:

(And no, I'm not going to press my luck if I have an opportunity to get a Risso sig at some point. This slab isn't getting cracked.)

The word from the folks at the Midtown Comics booth was that Risso would not be there, and I don't recall seeing him show up after I had the book signed.

As for Risso having his own booth at the NYCC, I didn't think to look doh!

Risso was right next to Ariel Olivetti and across from the booths that had Finch, Coipel and Morales.

They were pretty much next to the food, which is how i ran into Ariel, funny I had no idea who Edward was since he had no sign in front and Ariel was sitting next to him. Then Edward sketching and when he signed his name I knew who he was.