• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK, I have to Come Clean...

29 posts in this topic

I thought of that...but my question related to "why now"? Why bother trying to collect cgc 9.4s of comics that arent being actively graded right now, and when they are so common (being one of the reasons they arent being slabbed)? They can and will be slabbed someday. Why not just be content to know they exist in th ethousands and you will get them later on...

The only reason to buy them now rather than later would be if they just might cost more later?

hey, Im not arguing with you Blowout!

just questioning an inconsistency on JCs part.

What's inconsistant about JC wanting to buy high grade, CGC'd Byrne X-Men comics? It's what he likes and what he buys. The primary problems with Chuck, according to the boards, are his bad prices and bad grading. CGC takes care of the latter, and a double sale might take care of the former, so the anti-Chuck stuff is nullified. In the end you have high grade, CGC'd Byrne X-Men comics that are sending off infrared signals to JC's wallet. Zero inconsistancy, as far as I can see. Remember: the whole crash thing is all about investment, not "I sure would like these reasonably priced books in my collection."

-- Joanna

that was my point: the inconsistency was spending ANY money on stuff that's clearly 'worthless' given quantity and the impending 'crash'. But youre right, if its purely for 'collecting' and if he doesnt mind that it will all be cheaper in a few weeks (2004), then by all means buy them from Chuck.

I dont wanna argue with you either mommy!

sheeesh - - I cant believe JCs got so many friends all of a sudden. Maybe its me!! Am I the hole here?

that was my point: the inconsistency was spending ANY money on stuff that's clearly 'worthless' given quantity and the impending 'crash'. But youre right, if its purely for 'collecting' and if he doesnt mind that it will all be cheaper in a few weeks (2004), then by all means buy them from Chuck.

I dont wanna argue with you either mommy!

sheeesh - - I cant believe JCs got so many friends all of a sudden. Maybe its me!! Am I the hole here?

It's not about taking sides. I'm not admonishing you nor am I defending JC. It was a question of consistancy, and I just pointed out that to me, it all seemed perfectly consistant. The crash stuff never impacted JC's buying Byrne X-Men issues, so why should it now? Besides, if there is a crash, the availablity of a lot of comics might disappear. And getting commons graded will probably be the last thing dealers do. They have to maximize their out of pocket expenditures, so they'd save the grading fees for more sure-fire tickets. The entire supply of graded, high grade 80's Byrne X-Men issues could disappear overnight -- and then cheap prices will be meaningless. You can't buy cheap if you can't find them. Ask Ian -- he has a bunch of $10 books that he simply can't locate.

-- Joanna

The entire supply of graded, high grade 80's Byrne X-Men issues could disappear overnight -- and then cheap prices will be meaningless. You can't buy cheap if you can't find them. Ask Ian -- he has a bunch of $10 books that he simply can't locate.

-- Joanna

Uh, I think you shoulda quit while you were ahead...JC will tell you this isn't going to happen...?

Uh, I think you shoulda quit while you were ahead...JC will tell you this isn't going to happen...?

Yeah, I don't know squat about this stuff. I figure the one thing that won't suffer in a crash is low grade, raw, SA DCs, and that's what I'd go for if I had a couple of extra bucks.