• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

knightfall question

5 posts in this topic

so i just picked out most of it out of my LCS 50 cent box...been collecting a long time, but never got sucked into this when it came out, never bothered afterward. but i figured at that price, mostly bagged and boarded, all in 9.4 - 9.8 condition, aw, what the heck, right?

my question is.. the shadow of the bat 16 - 18 isn't part of the numbered series, it's the conclusion or something? i'm missing one of those issues. darn. and should i really dig around for #491 too as the prelude issue?

sadly it doesn't seem like these do too well on ebay.. i know zillions were printed, but putting the set together could be slightly annoying. i was kindah hoping the set would be worth $2 a book and that's pretty tough.

heaven forbid, i'll just read the darn thing.

i couldn't bring myself to try and put together the knightquest books even though i like a lot of those covers. at some point, 50 cents is 50 cents and those weren't all bagged and boarded!

he had most of the death of supes stuff in there too. funny thing is, after i left the shop a guy who had been in the shop approaches me on the street telling me about the great comics he has that he didn't want to sell to the shop owner and he pulls out a bunch of death of supes and subsequent stuff. i deflated his bubble letting him know he could buy the same books for 50 cents back in the shop.

The SotB issues are a loose tie-in. The God of Fear is a part of Knightfall, but due to the way the Bat-titles were structured at the time, it is also kind of separate from the rest. But the issues feature Anarky, so they rule!

As far as value goes, a year and a half ago when I started selling at local shows, I had around 2 sets of Knightfall priced at $2+ per book. I now have nearly nothing left. I really didn't see that coming.

For reading, you should really start with Batman: Vengeance of Bane and Sword of Azrael 1-4, and around Batman 488 where the main set-up for the event occurs.

EDIT:

i couldn't bring myself to try and put together the knightquest books even though i like a lot of those covers. at some point, 50 cents is 50 cents and those weren't all bagged and boarded!

Yeah, Knightquest sucked (the Crusade sucked, the Search was ok). Everyone with a brain already knew that Batman wasn't - and shouldn't be - the Punisher. The point didn't need to be proven for a year.

Oh and BTW, Knightfall is Modern. :baiting:

so i just picked out most of it out of my LCS 50 cent box...been collecting a long time, but never got sucked into this when it came out, never bothered afterward. but i figured at that price, mostly bagged and boarded, all in 9.4 - 9.8 condition, aw, what the heck, right?

my question is.. the shadow of the bat 16 - 18 isn't part of the numbered series, it's the conclusion or something? i'm missing one of those issues. darn. and should i really dig around for #491 too as the prelude issue?

sadly it doesn't seem like these do too well on ebay.. i know zillions were printed, but putting the set together could be slightly annoying. i was kindah hoping the set would be worth $2 a book and that's pretty tough.

heaven forbid, i'll just read the darn thing.

he had most of the death of supes stuff in there too. funny thing is, after i left the shop a guy who had been in the shop approaches me on the street telling me about the great comics he has that he didn't want to sell to the shop owner and he pulls out a bunch of death of supes and subsequent stuff. i deflated his bubble letting him know he could buy the same books for 50 cents back in the shop.

Have you read Vengeance of Bane, Sword of Azrael #1-4, Tec #655-658, and Bats #488-491?

All prelude to Knightfall.

I'd even read Legends of the Dark Knight #16-20, which was the "venom" storyline that led into VOB.

I enjoyed the DK #16-20, Sword of Azrael and especially the Vengance of Bane. Every once in a while I will pull out the Vengance of Bane and read it. I enjoyed the storyline up to the back break, after that it was only okay at best.