• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not even Santa Claus could save Spidey

7 posts in this topic

These are the last 16 issues of the long-running british title 'Spider-man Comics Weekly'. It started in 1973 and was published for almost 14 years, ending December 1985 with issue #666. The title was changed numerous times, and the last 16 issues were called just 'Spidey Comic'. Due to sales declining, higher numbered issues becomes increasingly harder to find. Numbers over #500 are quite difficult to locate and the last 16 ones are ridicilously rare - the last three years I have only seen THREE of them on eBay. Until last week, that is, when all 16 were offered in two lots, which I won! One coupon is clipped from the cover of #651 otherwise the condition is acceptable.

sista16.jpg

I know I definitely saw that spidey santa claus one in Ebay.it two months ago.. I didn't think anything of it though..wish I had known. I was looking for the Guerres Segrete 2. I remember that catching my eye. anyways.. congrats on your buy!!

Nice find. Given that those later issues were aimed at the under 10's the condition looks nice. Luckily I still have my original childhood copies. I picked up my first issue in 1977 and starting collecting it properly in 1980 sticking with it until the end.

Earl.