• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Doc Savage Paintings Wanted. Bama, Larkin, Baumhoffer, Harris,etc

3 posts in this topic

RedSnowEnhanced.jpg [/img]

Hi. My name is Jack Juka. I have been collectng Doc Savage since 1968. I am currently paying the highest prices in the Universe for original Doc Savage paintings. Here's one I picked up last week. Please feel free to get your best offer from anyone and I will beat it. I am a dedicated buyer of Doc artwork and am in it for the long term.

Also buying high grade Doc pulps and premiums such as The Doc Savage Award. I will even consider trading Williamsport copies of the highest graded Superman and Batman comics from the 40's and 50's for James Bama Doc artwork if that's what it takes to pry one out of someone. Superman 75 in CGC 9.4 anyone? The Williamsport collection had over 50 of the top copies of Superman and Batman at one point. Look for many Williamsport Comics to appear in the May Heritage Signature Auction.

Please think of me when selling. I will beat ANY price quote by a significant margin. I love this stuff.

Even if you are not selling, I'd love to hear what you have. I also have ultra high grade Shadow pulps as well as a Shadow Club pin of which only two copies exist. All available for Doc paintings.

Check out my Comic Art Gallery to see my Doc Savage treasures as well as my Tim Sale art collection. Also, cool pieces by Steranko and even Ken Kelly's Hour of the Dragon Conan painting from 1977. Thanks everyone. I hope to hear from you soon.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=32804

Jack Juka

570-817-7588

That Bama Doc is absolutely killer.

Reminds me of the classic "Quest for Qui" Baumhofer cover. An absolute classic image. Well done!!!

Looks like you are on your way to trying to get all the Bamas', Larkins', etc that you can.

Thanks Detective 35. Here's another I got last week. Bob Larkin "The hree Wild Men." That's Monk and Ham in the foreground. Len Leone, who I believe was Bantam Books Art Director during the Doc Savage era told Bob Larkin (who related it to me) that The Three Wild Men and Fiery Menace (Doc 121 & 122) was Bob's best cover work. Ironically, they were the last two that Bob kept.

Part of the fun is going back and reading the novels again. We all must have had wonderful childhoods if things like this bring back such wonderful memories. I am thankful to my late Parents and Aunt and Uncle for putting up with me and encouraging me to persue my dreams.

I can still remember my Dad giving me two hundred dollars in 1968 to buy a golden age collection. At the time we take things like that for granted. When they are gone they are the memories that we cling to. Thanks again.

I will consistantly outbid ANYBODY to get good Doc Savage pieces. It seems like they have been sold very cheaply by their former owners of late until I entered the fray. Get your best price and then call ME if you have any Doc paintings. I guarantee it will be worth your while.I will also pay a handsome finder's fee if you can put me in touch with the owners of any Bama or Larkin pieces and I get to make a purchase. Thanks again. God Bless Ya Detective.

Jack Juka

570-817-7588

LarkinDocThreeWildMen.jpg