• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTF is going on with the FS forum

302 posts in this topic

Every seller seems to be running 2 sales threads. This has just become ridiculous, combine your junk for crying out loud.

1 seller Green. Actually had a reason to do this offering a list of books and one individual high(ish) dollar slab. The rest are just page hogs.

I just wish someone would respond to my one and only sales thread. :sorry:

Why? Do you need to build-up a war chest to buy a new house?

If so, then you're entitled to the entire sales forum & all the rest of us can just wait until you're living large.

:applause:

BTW, I still think that a particular group is smelly -- the one that if I name it I'll get my post deleted :gossip:

Every seller seems to be running 2 sales threads. This has just become ridiculous, combine your junk for crying out loud.

1 seller Green. Actually had a reason to do this offering a list of books and one individual high(ish) dollar slab. The rest are just page hogs.

Don't you have 2 threads.

I just wish someone would respond to my one and only sales thread. :sorry:

Why? Do you need to build-up a war chest to buy a new house?

If so, then you're entitled to the entire sales forum & all the rest of us can just wait until you're living large.

:applause:

BTW, I still think that a particular group is smelly -- the one that if I name it I'll get my post deleted :gossip:

I just need help paying off my credit card bill. (shrug)

To be sure, there is perfectly good organizational logic from both the seller's & the buyer's point of view in breaking-up offerings into different, individual threads.

In fact, following that organizational logic would lead one to posting single books, or perhaps single lots, per thread, resulting in a very large number of such threads per seller, making the FS forum something akin to one's own personal eBay store or website.

This is the distinguishing difference. This isn't an eBay store. It is a free public forum paid for & hosted by a third party.

To have more than one thread going at a time is a me first screw the rest attitude.

Now, one of the guys up to this sorta thing sold a great couple of books to me last week.

Back to the FS forums before I miss out...

I notice that usally when someone has multiple sales thread it is because they are selling books from different eras or they are seperating out an expensive book. In my time I have been a member of many fourm that have for sales sections. Some of their solutions are as follow and could maybe be used here.

1. Add sub forums for each era

2. have sub forums with one being high value books and a sub forum for low value books. The value to decide what belongs where could maybe done in a poll or something.

Only reason I say this is the for sale section seems to be growing and being used more as new members are coming and maybe it is time to update that section to be more user friendly. Might be a good time to add that SS sales thread area too that the mods had a poll on awhile back unless they make a subforum like they did with original art for SS sales.

P.S. I still think they need a birthday sub forum :P

To be sure, there is perfectly good organizational logic from both the seller's & the buyer's point of view in breaking-up offerings into different, individual threads.

In fact, following that organizational logic would lead one to posting single books, or perhaps single lots, per thread, resulting in a very large number of such threads per seller, making the FS forum something akin to one's own personal eBay store or website.

This is the distinguishing difference. This isn't an eBay store. It is a free public forum paid for & hosted by a third party.

To have more than one thread going at a time is a me first screw the rest attitude.

Now, one of the guys up to this sorta thing sold a great couple of books to me last week.

Im selling Jonah Hex... Dont miss out.

I got some sweet BA Avengers for sale over there.

TAKE A L@@K!!

TAKE A L@@K!!

Im going to have one thread for HG Jonah Hex, and another for a nice lower grade lot of Jonah Hex

I would really like to see more 100 page threads with completely random books and non-descriptive titles so that I never open them. No more of this 'HG BA Avengers' or 'CGC 9.8 Amazing Spider-man For Sale' junk where I know exactly what I might be looking at when I open the thread! I'd rather spend my time looking through drek I have no interest in. :blahblah:

TAKE A L@@K!!

Im going to have one thread for HG Jonah Hex, and another for a nice lower grade lot of Jonah Hex

I'm going to have a thread for books that don't sell & another thread for books that don't sell.