• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Waiting for the S@*T to hit the fan

29 posts in this topic

Well if the topic of the day is multiple sales threads:

It's safe to assume the reason why people have issues with multiple sales threads is because it bumps other threads down the list and off the first page.

If this is the case, then I really don't see the point in an oxymoronic thread just for the purpose of complianing about it. There is also a discussion thread in the Marketplace specifically for the purpose of not having pointless posts in the marketplace.

An even better idea might be to refrain from posting pointless jiberish and gremlins in threads that are closed or where the item(s) has sold.

I personally don't care very much about either situation. I can click on the next page and usually do so when I can tell the marketplace has been busy. However, I find it puzzling when people want to be the board conscience, but seem to neglect thinking about thier own actions.

Well said Mike.

Some of the ones complaining about multiple threads have multiple selling threads themselves.

If I am selling GA and SA, I don't think it unreasonable to have a selling thread for each. Many SA collectors won't want to wade through a GA thread trying to find the books they want. If I only have a couple SA, like my last thread, I throw them in to cut down on thread clutter.

Some just need things to complain about I guess?

I always close my sales thread before I start a new one.

But I have alot of stuff to sell so to me its not weird for me to have 1-2 sales threads a week. Usually my CGC ones only last a day because I have had good luck so far in selling here on the boards.

I do feel a seasoned seller on the boards should not put up different sales threads for each CGC book.

I may be in the minority on this but as a buyer, I would rather see separate sales threads for different types/genres of listings from the same seller. Since I am only interested in GA, I don't want to wade through anything else. That is not to say the other books aren't important. And it doesn't mean I want to see separate threads for each GA book.