• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modern comics that deserve "Classic Cover" status?

97 posts in this topic

HULK #340...That's a Top 5 Modern classic cover easy!

That belongs in Copper. :)

Didn't we just have this discussion on the previous page. ????

A key indicator of a potentially classic modern comic book cover is whether or not it has been made into a poster.

(I do not mean promotional posters.)

Link to ebay comic book posters

One could make a case that the Modern Age may very well become known for its revitalization of Good Girl Pin-Up Art.

If that becomes the case, then many Adam Hughes covers will become classic, if they aren't already.

Runners-up include Greg Horn (Emma Frost & Electra) & Frank Cho (Red Sonja & Liberty Meadows).

Long Shot- Charles Burns' Black Hole #3, (Kitchen Sink)

(Pictured below is an exhibition poster for a Charles Burns gallery showing.)

79039.jpg.68519c13f1f7c78730a43432825a8e80.jpg

79040.jpg.e5ba36df715abcbb9e1a9608fecad5b1.jpg

79041.jpg.f5ac3a4165656b98c2513a39ef5a4e9a.jpg

79042.jpg.d1c398b990e181ec6eff231d1241749e.jpg

79043.jpg.42271c650fa737dd04fae28de522ece9.jpg

Just because CGC doesn't make the distinction between ages to make the pricing and tiers simple doesn't mean Copper Age doesn't exist. Under their "pre-1980" tier, it's all one big age, not Golden, Silver or Bronze.

This thread resides in the Modern section of the forum. There's also a Copper section here... :gossip:

Just because CGC doesn't make the distinction between ages to make the pricing and tiers simple doesn't mean Copper Age doesn't exist. Under their "pre-1980" tier, it's all one big age, not Golden, Silver or Bronze.

This thread resides in the Modern section of the forum. There's also a Copper section here... :gossip:

I wasn't questioning the validity of your statement, just saying that the point had already been made. (thumbs u

I reckon this may end up as a 'classic' Joker cover some years down the line..

Although I love the premise of it, it's far from Daniel's best work.

Batman680VariantColur.jpg

I wasn't questioning the validity of your statement, just saying that the point had already been made. (thumbs u

My bad. I have been coming to this forum in a tired state lately. Plus a visitor kinda messed up my unread post counter a while back, so I missed stuff that probably was already said. I'll allow myself to be submitted to the public for 1,000 lashes for being Captain Obvious.

My bad. I have been coming to this forum in a tired state lately. Plus a visitor kinda messed up my unread post counter a while back, so I missed stuff that probably was already said. I'll allow myself to be submitted to the public for 1,000 lashes for being Captain Obvious.

:applause:

Maybe you should be General Obvious or Captain Zod? hm