• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

where does the price crossover?

2 posts in this topic

An FF 24 in 9.4 recently went for 1000. I'm curious,since that a nice round number,just what grade would you pay 1000 for in other issues? Since thats a non key,it makes the question even juicier. Leaving out #1,how about 2? 3? any issue u like? My thoughts are the 7 area for those 2,but i could be way off. My reason for asking is since most of us will not be able to complete a HG run of FF(wherever your cutoff is in issue number going up),just what can we expect at a nice round # like $1000? In my eyes,that sale probably raised the bar a bit.Have fun with this one people.

An FF 24 in 9.4 recently went for 1000. I'm curious,since that a nice round number,just what grade would you pay 1000 for in other issues? Since thats a non key,it makes the question even juicier. Leaving out #1,how about 2? 3? any issue u like? My thoughts are the 7 area for those 2,but i could be way off. My reason for asking is since most of us will not be able to complete a HG run of FF(wherever your cutoff is in issue number going up),just what can we expect at a nice round # like $1000? In my eyes,that sale probably raised the bar a bit.Have fun with this one people.

That was way too high for a # 24, an otherwise common book. I have a very nice 9.0 (looks like a 9.2) that I bought for $250 and I am quite satisfied with it. But, to each his own.

As for the rest of your question, its very tricky in the FF market, especially if you are looking to eBay. Personally, I've done well buying either 1). away from eBay all together or 2). Sniping newly listed Buy-It-Nows that are lower then market. Early this year, I committed myself to at least "trying" to put together a high end FF run, and I've been pleasantly surprised by how nicely things have worked out in such a short amount of time. I'm still nowhere near complete, but I'm doing it in baby steps.

By the way, I recently sold a 5.0 # 2 on eBay for $800 so a 7.0 would go in the area of $1,300-$1500 in my opinion. $1,000 doesn't go far in early FFs anymore. crazy.gif