• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's my next step?

14 posts in this topic

I received my sketch covers today from the NYCC. There was one problem, out of the dozen books one came back cracked. The case has a small crack across the top front and back.

What do I do now? Do I call CGC or UPS? How big of a headache will this be to get rectified?

The book got a 9.8 so I don't want it to be graded again I just want the case replaced and not out of my pocket.

Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks........

I will make this easy for you...

Resend to CGC and have them recase it for you. It will cost a little bit, like a $10 charge, but you do not want to have UPS involved. Take the small hit on the fee, but the book remains the same grade as long as it is not removed from the inner well or the book is not damage (as in pierced or something)

JJ

The same thing happened to me one time. I started the claim process but i could see where it was going so I just sent it back to CGC. I did have to pay the reholder fee but it came back fine.

And let me also say we would love to see the scans of your sketches. :)

I will make this easy for you...

Resend to CGC and have them recase it for you. It will cost a little bit, like a $10 charge, but you do not want to have UPS involved. Take the small hit on the fee, but the book remains the same grade as long as it is not removed from the inner well or the book is not damage (as in pierced or something)

JJ

If the book was cracked during transit, CGC will pay for the reholdering - there's no reason why you should pay for that yourself.

I'm surprised that everyone has had such a bad experience with UPS. The one time I filed a claim for cracked slabs, the only thing that complicated matters was that UPS only pays claims to the shipper (at least that's what they told me), so even though I was the addressee AND it was my UPS account that the shipping was charged to, the claim nevertheless was paid to CGC. UPS did not require that I send them the cracked slabs for inspection, or the packaging for that matter.