• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Sleepers !

160 posts in this topic

6/11/03 - First CGC'd JIM book I've purchased

7/12/03 - Supapimp declares JIM's "supahot"

Sorry to burst your ego trip here. :\

Don't worry Blowout, my buying JIM's days lasted just slightly longer than my buying X-men days.

Brian

no ego burst here, i've been saying since i first joined the forums that JIM's were and are still hot. on the thread back in july, i said that JIM's are SUPAhot. if i do recall you got a lot of heat from other forum members for bidding on a JIM 83 when you said you disliked thor. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifforeheadslap.gif

And what did I reply with? Oh yeah, that I am buying key first apps. Oddly enough, I recently bid on Ross's 83 too...

For reference, I have almost a complete run of JIM Thor readers. I wouldn't say the stories are all that great, but then again I'm not a very big Thor fan.

Anyways, you just keep "making" titles hot with your ingenius predictions.

Brian

i agree with gman and hoodeedoo- ff 45 is a clasic cover, 1st inhumans

also ff 36 has got lots of legs, 1st frightful four, gorgoeus blue cover and has been gettign way over guide prices even for 9.0's

ff 39 and 40 are also undervalued

as is ff 52, which even excluding any possible movie BS hype, is one heluva cool book, classic black cover with a moon background, 1st panther- 1st black superhero?, and tough in 9.4 up

other "sleepers", undervalued books with legs may be more a appropriate term- thor 193

avengers 71

jim 118

jim 114

jim 109

ff 18

hulk 141

and yes

hulk 183! NO , not 181 or 182 but #183-1st zzaxxx- one of the hottest villains invented!

other "sleepers", undervalued books with legs may be more a appropriate term- thor 193

avengers 71

jim 118

jim 114

jim 109

ff 18

hulk 141

hey doc, any particular reasons to the JIM 118 other than the cool destoryer thor battle cover? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif