• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLink sent me the wrong book...

58 posts in this topic

3 different times I have been sent someone else's check!! :D

I always call to tell them they did it and then tell them I ripped it up. Funny thing is, they never ask about the check, like who it was for, what it was for, some way to track it.

Most small businesses are over whelmed with the paper work of running the business, and it is probably easier at times to wait for the customer who didn't get their check to call and ask about it. Having had first hand experience on this one.

Still, love the CLink.....

I'm ashamed to admit since mid-March

This just goes to show that us Canadians can be very patient.

lol

Dude.....you should have made the phone call 3 months ago. I will be surprised if this turns out well.

Whenever I read of a CL difficulty with communication (and I've had them myself) , the boardie is advised to phone. Now this is probably the best thing to do as these situations deteriorate --- but is should not be necessary.

An email says exactly what you want it to say. It cannot be (honestly) misquoted and can be referenced if the need exists. The email provides an electronic trail of communication.

With the phone, you may or may not be talking to the right person, they may mishear what you say or worse forget important details. They might not take notes, take incorrect notes or lose such notes.

Emails are not perfect but if a company provides email communication, they should use it as the rest of us do. :sumo:

I'm ashamed to admit since mid-March

This just goes to show that us Canadians can be very patient.

lol

Yeah.....that is the explanation for it. :whistle:

No, it's not the explanation. I was just cracking a joke but obviously, unless they have a better explanation Comiclink must have messed up. Still, I don't know why people don't just make a phone call and get it fixed instead of airing stuff out on the boards. I mean it happens to everyone, sellers on the forum, CGC, Comiclink, other dealers. People make mistakes.

Anyhow, Whatev'. happens.

Dude.....you should have made the phone call 3 months ago. I will be surprised if this turns out well.

Whenever I read of a CL difficulty with communication (and I've had them myself) , the boardie is advised to phone. Now this is probably the best thing to do as these situations deteriorate --- but is should not be necessary.

An email says exactly what you want it to say. It cannot be (honestly) misquoted and can be referenced if the need exists. The email provides an electronic trail of communication.

With the phone, you may or may not be talking to the right person, they may mishear what you say or worse forget important details. They might not take notes, take incorrect notes or lose such notes.

Emails are not perfect but if a company provides email communication, they should use it as the rest of us do. :sumo:

This brings up an interesting point. Should email take precedence or have higher priority over phone calls in business? I personally prefer a phone call over any other sort of communication. Email has evolved into a very important form of communication very quickly but it's not as good as a good old fashioned phone call IMO.

R.

What he said.

C-Link is a strange cookie.

Just yesterday I received two UPS packages.

One was from two auctions ago, and the other was from the auction that just ended a few days ago.

So 1 book took a month or so to arrive, and the other 4 books I won only took 1 week. (shrug)

Phone calls are not blocked by third-party service providers at the switch level, nor are they shuffled off to a voicemail folder that isn't checked.

People should check their junk mail folders once a week but most never do

Now I have to make a long distance call, speak to a receptionnist who will transfer me to the wrong person who will then transfer me to someone else who will tell me he is out to lunch and to leave a message he will never reply to.

Vs

type exactly what I have to say, send it to the right person who can then read it at his convenience, click on the reply button and type ''not to worry, all will be taken care of'' click send and be done with it...

I dont know, maybe it's just me with my 12 years in retail, but that seems relatively easier.

I agree with your belief that emails are a useful tool. However, when you do not receive a response over time, maybe there is an issue with your emails reaching their intended party? Maybe there is a server issue.....a spam filter preventing them from going through....who the heck knows? I can't count how many times I have had conversations with clients, friends, ect, where we discussed not receiving each others emails. It happens all of the time in the cyber world. With this thought in the back of your mind, maybe you might choose to make a phone call if your emails are going unanswered? There might be another reason other than the recipient is simply ignoring them. It pays to cover all of your bases....that is all I am trying to say.