• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling my Marvel Comics #1, what should I put in the title?

41 posts in this topic

Murph,

I did try to find a cover to the Marvel 1 but came up empty handed frown.gif I don't think finding a cover to this book would be a very easy task, but hey.. if someone out there can get a hold of every DC comic book ever made there's got to be someone out there who can find a cover to this book wink.gif It would just have to be someone better connected than I am, because I tried and was not able to do it.

Hey did any of you other bidders get this email?

I just put in a $75 watch bid...

Hello

I saw that you have bidded on Marvel Comics 1 Human Torch Timely Mystery recently.

I want to inform you that I have one too Marvel Comics 1 Human Torch Timely Mystery and I was wondering if you want to buy it. I am willing to sell this for

US$2550 (shipping and handling fees included).I am a registered and serious

seller on eBay. If you want I could ask eBay to contact you and certify I

am indeed serious and trust worthy.This transaction will also be

covered under eBay's Fraud Protection Program ! I don't want to list the unit

again because of the scammers on eBay. It is pretty expensive just!

Please let me know as soon as possible if you want this or not.

Respectfully yours!

--------------------

Question from: thebestsellerfromworld

Title of item: Marvel Comics 1 Human Torch Timely Mystery

Seller: aceshigh3

Starts: Dec-21-03 19:15:00 PST

Ends: Dec-31-03 19:15:00 PST

Price: Currently $3,350.00

To view the item, go to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2212260876

If I buy ouside eBay then how am I covered by eBay's Fraud Protection Program?

Me thinks I smell a scam... smirk.gif

foreheadslap.gif

I just got another email from someone offering to sell me a MMC 1...

Hello and all the best!

I saw that you have bidded on Marvel Comics 1 Human Torch Timely Mystery recently. I want to inform you that I have one I am willing to sell this for 3500US$ shipping and handling fees included).I am a registered and serious member on eBay.Please check my feedback. Please excuse me if I have bothered you with this message and also please accept all my best.

Kind Regards

--------------------

Question from: tastydusty

Title of item: WOW $20,000 18K 10.78c DIAMOND CROSS NECKLACE

Seller: aceshigh3

Starts: Dec-22-03 12:35:51 PST

Ends: Dec-29-03 12:35:51 PST

Price: Currently $3,551.99

To view the item, go to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2680581969

Visit eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM at http://www.ebay.com

Does this stuff happen a lot with Golden Age?

I've been bidding on Marvel Silver Age keys for years and nothing like this ever happened.

First time I bid on a Golden Age key and BINGO!

I'm on some insufficiently_thoughtful_person's scammer list... mad.gif

Well this one had one feedback anyway: tastydusty

Thanks! Just rated you both 5 stars. Also thanks to everyone who have informed me about the second name this scammer is E-mailing people as now. (When will these people quit?!) I still need the full header from someone before I can report that one though. I also decided to E-mail this scammer directly but I doubt I'll ever hear back.

Thanks Timely! I definitely regret not realizing that I had set up the auction to end on New Years' Eve. The last minute bidding just wasn't there because everybody was out celebrating. I was flooded with E-mails on January 1st about the books. Other than that lack of a last minute jump though I was quite satisfied with how the auction went. I'm definitely going to be sad to sell that book though, I doubt I'll ever be able to own another copy of that one!