• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 301 CGC 9.8 WP!!!

41 posts in this topic

:hi: Hi Marc. Glad to see you're back.

Good luck with the sale. 301 is one of the best covers in Mcfarlanes run IMHO.

My favorite personally. (thumbs u

I'm not disputing these prices but what makes this relatively common in high grade (17 9.8 132 9.6) book worth 50-80 X 9.2 Guide? I love the cover also and do not follow modern prices but there sure are a LOT of other things I'd spend $1000 on than a McFarlane Spidey as much as I liked reading them. Are other issues other than 300 getting similar prices? How about 316?

17 9.8's is not Common

If Marc was listing a 9.6 those are common 9.8's for this issue are almost IMPOSSIBLE to find

I'm not disputing these prices but what makes this relatively common in high grade (17 9.8 132 9.6) book worth 50-80 X 9.2 Guide? I love the cover also and do not follow modern prices but there sure are a LOT of other things I'd spend $1000 on than a McFarlane Spidey as much as I liked reading them. Are other issues other than 300 getting similar prices? How about 316?

For that hard-core Spidey fan, this is a book they go after because that white cover is hard to find without imperfections. So if you are trying to collect all 9.6 to 9.8 graded books, this becomes one that you will not often find a 9.8 for your want list.

You already stated why it gets the price it does. If you look at how many copies were submitted overall, and then realize only 17 have reached 9.8 status. You would see the book is hrader than all hell to get in 9.8.

I look for them all the time. Havent found a copy better then 9.4 yet :P

I'll buy every copy at guide if they are that common ;)

GPA has a sale at $1320 and $1001. 2007 Avg is $970 and 2008 Avg is $907.

The problem with this book is the black back cover has color breaks, the white front cover is not the problem. I have only had one in 9.8 and a few in 9.6, looked at alot of books that appeared high grade until I took it out of the bag and board and cringed when I looked at the back cover spine. This is a legitimate collectors book in 9.8 and well worth the price as many people just put together sets of the McFarlane run. Good luck with the sale!!

17 9.8's is not Common

If Marc was listing a 9.6 those are common 9.8's for this issue are almost IMPOSSIBLE to find

17 in 9.8 is common.... BUT, it's a number that is dwarfed by the number of collectors that would like to finish a 9.8 McFarlane run. If you look at the number of 9.8s for other books in the run, this issue lags well behind.

Some of the books in the 201-230 range census out in the single digits.

Here are the scans...

th_asm301a.jpg th_asm301b.jpg

Right now there are 2 people who are interested and it is on hold until I hear for sure from them. If anybody else has any interest, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks everybody for looking and for the great comments (thumbs u

4 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

In honor of all of the sales thread necroing that has been going on lately, I have a question.  If a sales thread was never marked as sold or closed, and I do a :takeit:, can I nominate them for probation if they don't follow through? @Buzzetta, arbiter of justice and HoS/PL aficionado. 

Sigh

Common sense should prevail.

"Arbiter of justice..."

people ask me to do a write up...  I put together a write up. 

If I had my way some people would get a slap on a wrist and others would be welded shut in an oil drum and dumped into the sea. 

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2009 at 12:48 AM, 500Club said:

17 in 9.8 is common.... BUT, it's a number that is dwarfed by the number of collectors that would like to finish a 9.8 McFarlane run. If you look at the number of 9.8s for other books in the run, this issue lags well behind.

You are very mistaken if you think 17 copies in 9.8 is common, considering its one of the highest print run title/book of its era.

The reason why some of the ASM 201-230's in 9.8 are in single digits is because they aren't worth the shipping+slabbing fees in relation to their realized sales value in 9.8.  There are numerous dealers and non-dealers alike sitting on dozens of copies of these books, just waiting for them to break out (like ASM 210, 212, Annual 16) in order to make it worthwhile to submit them.

12 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:
On 4/12/2009 at 10:48 PM, 500Club said:

You are very mistaken if you think 17 copies in 9.8 is common, considering its one of the highest print run title/book of its era.

The reason why some of the ASM 201-230's in 9.8 are in single digits is because they aren't worth the shipping+slabbing fees in relation to their realized sales value in 9.8.  There are numerous dealers and non-dealers alike sitting on dozens of copies of these books, just waiting for them to break out (like ASM 210, 212, Annual 16) in order to make it worthwhile to submit them.

You know you're quoting me from 2009, right? :screwy:

On 4/11/2009 at 11:59 PM, jkc313 said:

lol

Edited by Silver