• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Johnny the Homicidal Maniac

31 posts in this topic

Hey,

I just learned about this series because some copies were floating around the FS forums. I ventured to a new LCS which had some nice stuff, but found a stack of JtHM. I figured I would pick up the first issue, and if I like it, try to find other copies to read.

I than realized I bought the "Amazingly Limited" #1. Signed and numbered out of 2000. I know there were only 2000 printed, but are they worth anything? Tough to find? Any information is helpful

sc006f8c82.jpg

Feel free to discuss all JtHM topics in this thread

lol

It's a cool, funny, and overall VERY DARK work. I enjoyed JTHM quite a bit as a teenager. Definitely speaks to the social angst you feel during that time.

Also interesting is that Jhonen, of course, went on to create the much more light-hearted Zim the Invader.

:whistle:

:makepoint:

Have anything worth contributing to this thread? I know you are a fan. Worth the read? Only like them for their collectablity?

caqsucker

I'm a huge fan of Jhonen Vasquez' work, and JtHM is absolutely brilliant. Dark, twisted, satirical & funny as hell.

The Special Edition #1 is worth $5-10, so if you paid the price on the bag, that's totally fair - 1st prints of the regular #1 are worth a nice amount, though (which pretty much applies to 1st prints of the entire series).

A boardie was so generous to PM these #'s to me.

And here's GPA found on that JTHM:

( 9.8 ) Special Edition - (1) $193 (1) $193 - $193 Jul-2008

( 9.6 ) Special Edition - - - - $50 Oct-2005

Q ( 9.4 ) Signed by Jhonen Vasquez - - (1) $43 (1) $43 $43 Feb-2009

( 9.4 ) Special Edition/Signed by Jhonen Vasquez (1) $100 - - - $100 Jul-2007

Mschmidt, you say $5-10 raw. Still apply for a 9.6/9.8 copy?

Note to self, if slabbed, request Blue (thumbs u

A boardie was so generous to PM these #'s to me.

And here's GPA found on that JTHM:

( 9.8 ) Special Edition - (1) $193 (1) $193 - $193 Jul-2008

( 9.6 ) Special Edition - - - - $50 Oct-2005

Q ( 9.4 ) Signed by Jhonen Vasquez - - (1) $43 (1) $43 $43 Feb-2009

( 9.4 ) Special Edition/Signed by Jhonen Vasquez (1) $100 - - - $100 Jul-2007

Mschmidt, you say $5-10 raw. Still apply for a 9.6/9.8 copy?

Note to self, if slabbed, request Blue (thumbs u

Yep - I pick up copies whenever I see them, and the most I've ever paid for a raw is $12. If you do have a 9.6/9.8, though (none of mine are), you should definitely get it slabbed.

Thanks for the input. I will take a closer look and decide what to do.

They had a couple other issues, but unsure of printing. They are NOT NM, but if 1st prints, worth picking up for under $5?

Edited by Gone Phishin'

They had a couple other issues, but unsure of printing. They are NOT NM, but if 1st prints, worth picking up for under $5?

Definitely, for 1st prints. As long as they're not beat all to hell.

damn...thats alot o' printings!

how difficult is it to obtain a #1 first? i may finally have an opportunity to buy a comic for the lady as a bday present and get away with it hm

If she's not a collector, I'd say you should could get her the Johnny The Homicidal Maniac Director's Cut Hardcover instead - collects all 7 issues, is leather-bound & looks awesome.

It's kinda hard to track down as well, though.

51zuKDcdy9L._SL500_AA240_.jpg