• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me name my next store...

82 posts in this topic

At some point in the next 18 months I will be opening another store. There's a possibility it will be a second location here in Oregon, but there's a decent chance it will be in Texas.

I've received a few dozen suggestions from my employees and friends, and I still have about 20 names I considered from the last time I named a new store (plus a few left over from my first store).

But I thought I would open up the floor to suggestions...

I don't actually expect to use a name suggested here but you never know. And if I do, I will be happy to provide compensation...

Important things to consider when naming ANY business today:

#1 - Easy to remember

#2 - Easy to spell (especially in consideration of #5)

#3 - A name that's easy to brand (whether by reference to a location or preferably a mascot)

#4 - Not easily confused with another firm (especially not one with a national reputation)

#5 - Domain name is available (and preferably short)

#6 - A name strippers don't mind having to say when they answer the phone (okay maybe that's not a requirement for all businesses....)

I expect that most replies to this thread will not be legitimate candidates for a store name, and that's fine. Sometimes a good idea will grow from a bad one. If "Rainbow Coalition Comics" leads me to a good name, so be it... So feel free to reply with bad ideas, if you don't have any good ones... smile.gif

So... what do you think is a good name for a store? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How about: "Official CGC Submission Center"

I really think it has potential 27_laughing.gif

Well there were several places calling themselves "The Pokemon Store" in 1999-2000, and plenty calling themselves the "Yu-Gi-Oh Store" now... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

We'll see if CGC makes it that big... tongue.gif

What do you mean "if" tongue.gif

The day I have 150 pre-teens wetting themselves on my front steps while waiting to submit CGC comics is the day JC will eat his collection of Byrne X-Men... smile.gif

House's Comics

Need to stay away from contractions and apostrophes... those don't translate well into domain names.

lighthousecomics.com does have a ring to it....

Imagine the logo. smirk.gif

HOWEVER,

There IS already a comic-related site with something called Lighthouse Reviews though. Web page URL

There's already a comic award called the Lighthouse awards as well.

Lighthouse Awards URL

House's Comics

Need to stay away from contractions and apostrophes... those don't translate well into domain names.

lighthousecomics.com does have a ring to it....

Imagine the logo. smirk.gif

HOWEVER,

There IS already a comic-related site with something called Lighthouse Reviews though. Web page URL

There's already a comic award called the Lighthouse awards as well.

Lighthouse Awards URL

Well I have been using the name for nearly two years now, and if I ever had any intention of using it full-time I would have registered the domain by now... I currently hold around 15-20 domains that I may use in the future. So the fact that I don't hold that one is a clear sign of my intentions... Lighthouse Comics is better than 70% of the names used by brick-and-mortar comic shops right now, and does have good potential for logos, tag-lines, and branding... I've already spent some time and effort on logo design for the name, but ultimately decided against it... at least on a full-time basis...