• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Pont Report - Boston Comic Con

83 posts in this topic

Just a word about Paul Gulacy. What a gent. I expressed that I loved his art to him at San Diego three years ago and he immediately made for me a Batman sketch that I still have. Truly a great artist, and the only one to incorporate Marlon Brando as a reoccurring character in his Hands of Kung Fu series.

D Ick Ayers was there???????!!!!!!!???? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I have been waiting for months to get some books signed...noooooooooo!!!!!!

He had to have been there, I've never sold so many Sgt. Furies in my life. Had a great show as usual. I'm completely wiped, need to go to bed!

Thanks for the great report, Spoon!

Hi D ick!

I was there!!! Actually I only made it for the last hour and a half on Sunday! I did get to pick this up from Mr. Ayers!

4e77f3a67b.jpg

Sorry I missed most everyone. But I did get to see Andy, CKB and Hotflips!

That's me in the tie-dye shirt. A lowly Silver/Bronze Age dealer with only one table sandwiched between Toon tumblers and Superworld, but I had a pretty good show. It was fun :)

silverbronze.jpg

The dude with the laptop roaming the show?

Lo and behold, it’s Mutant Keys, and an unnamed Greek not fond of the camera.

NikDanny.jpg

Man, is Danny still carrying around that framed photo of Jessica Alba as Nancy from Sin City?

It's been like 3 or 4 years now. :(

C

Lo and behold, it’s Mutant Keys, and an unnamed Greek not fond of the camera.

NikDanny.jpg

Man, is Danny still carrying around that framed photo of Jessica Alba as Nancy from Sin City?

It's been like 3 or 4 years now. :(

C

:signfunny:

D Ick Ayers was there???????!!!!!!!???? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I have been waiting for months to get some books signed...noooooooooo!!!!!!

He had to have been there, I've never sold so many Sgt. Furies in my life. Had a great show as usual. I'm completely wiped, need to go to bed!

Thanks for the great report, Spoon!

Don't tell me that!! I am sooo jealous..darn it!! I should have so've been there!

After the show, Nik, Mutant Keys, King of Rulers, HotFlips, CKB, Silver and Bronze, the Superworld Crew and Dave Hartwell went out for dinner and drinks. Dave Hartwell isn’t on the boards, but he’s another good guy with some nice books and other miscellaneous items. I didn’t get any dinner shots, but some of the other folks did.

So you buy a guy a drink and what does he do? Post the ugliest picture imaginable and forget you were there..... :sorry:

After the show, Nik, Mutant Keys, King of Rulers, HotFlips, CKB, Silver and Bronze, the Superworld Crew and Dave Hartwell went out for dinner and drinks. Dave Hartwell isn’t on the boards, but he’s another good guy with some nice books and other miscellaneous items. I didn’t get any dinner shots, but some of the other folks did.

So you buy a guy a drink and what does he do? Post the ugliest picture imaginable and forget you were there..... :sorry:

Who did he do that to? :baiting:

I don't know when the next one is, or if it's been scheduled yet. I think it's usually in September or October.

I thnk it's all set up with a date (or dates!) and a lead guest, but I will let the promoters do the honors when they are ready.

(thumbs u