• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice on how to collect art bought and paid for on ebay??

32 posts in this topic

Here's a new and slightly strange wrinkle... He refunded my money via paypal yesterday... and paypal did not send me an email. I went to look at the auction again to get the exact username for board and it was there that I learned the transaction had been reversed. Strange.

Nice to get my $ back but what a bum! Anyway as promised. His user id on ebay is poorlittlerichboy777; . He sells Harvey art. His name is Dave Holt. Has all of 1 positive feedback on ebay, hopefully I am still allowed to leave a neg. but ebay is so screwey lately who knows.

And this guy bought that Richie Rich Cover off of Heritage in December 2007 for $155.

I wonder if he was expecting to get "Richie Rich" off of this piece. A few of the covers from just a few years earlier were going for 10 times or more than what he paid for this one.

This sounds like cold feet to me. Otherwise, at the very least, he could have transferred ownership and notified Mocca in writing to release the artwork to you. There is zero reason to refund your money and cancel the purchase. There were several options for delivering ownership and possession to you Dan.

C

Good idea to put up the link to the photo. A) Because maybe someone can see if it actually is at the museum (I don't remember it, but I have to admit I paid more attention to the Watchmen display than the Harvey one) and B) If it ends up showing up in auction again, or in someone else's CAF gallery or something, people can be alerted.

And like I said, I completely understand feeling upset AND leaving a negative feedback...just saying it could be worse... Not excusing, just trying to not light my torch yet...

Here is a link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=220385069659

Chris; any chance of me pressuring him further to make good? Or should I moveon.com...?

It does irk me.... :mad:

If this was a more expensive, rare or grail piece then you might pressure him. As it is you need to move on and inform everyone you come in contact with that this is how this guy does business.

Besides watch Heritage auctions I bet you spot another Kremer Richie Rich that's just as good or better for the same money.

Informing other collectors in a loud clear voice that he renegs on contracts and sales will give you far more satisfaction than pressuring him into giving you the piece ever will.

C

See, that's all I am saying... What Chris has said. I know it sucks, and you should definitely let everyone know what happened so he loses possible business... but the trouble and stress you might put yourself through... I don't know. And like I said, you did get your money back at least. No, it's not fair...but is it worth the stress? Now if someone had done this to me with a Killing Joke piece.....oh wait, someone did....

Chris; I agree he most likely got cold feet... but he should know, that with Harvey art there is a Big difference between mid 60's and earlier and anything in the 70's. And, yes, he could have informed the Mocca about the situation and had them transfer ownership. He was very hard to communicate with though and like I said any email I sent was replied to a day later. That in itself is sort of frustrating. I guess I am SOL now though??

If he has not yet refunded you your money, file a paypal dispute for non-delivery. At the very least, get your money back first.

Leave him a negative feedback to warn others about how thsi guy does business. Sellers cannot leave retaliatory feedback like in the past.

See, that's all I am saying... What Chris has said. I know it sucks, and you should definitely let everyone know what happened so he loses possible business... but the trouble and stress you might put yourself through... I don't know. And like I said, you did get your money back at least. No, it's not fair...but is it worth the stress? Now if someone had done this to me with a Killing Joke piece.....oh wait, someone did....

Can you imagine someone doing something like that? It would take a man better than I to not spread his name across the collecting community.

If he has not yet refunded you your money, file a paypal dispute for non-delivery. At the very least, get your money back first.

Leave him a negative feedback to warn others about how thsi guy does business. Sellers cannot leave retaliatory feedback like in the past.

I didnt know that sellers cant leave retaliatory! Since when?

DRX

Can you imagine someone doing something like that? It would take a man better than I to not spread his name across the collecting community.

I remember that deal now...and Dumur even posted about it once:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=104326&Number=1872972#Post1872972

The relevant part:

"I was actually offered his Killing Joke prelim FIRST at $900. I immediately said yes. It was a prelim, but from a great book AND a great page. Tony said yeas and I thought the deal was closed. Tony wrote back that someone else was also interested and was going to pay $1500, but if I was willing to match it, it would be mine. I said "no.""

Dumur, I guess you've come to your senses in the last couple of years :baiting: What the seller did was absolutely uncool. But not surprising.