• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stumptown comicsfest April 18-19 Portland OR

7 posts in this topic

Would say Stumptown is kind of like the APE alternative press expo in San Francisco, CA. They always sell out of booths and tables in artist alley early. This may be the only comic bk related convention that you will NOT see Harley at. Probably a good opportunity to get lots of sketches, if you collect them. :applause:

Stumptown is an alternative/underground/indie show that is growing in popularity. I attended this show back in 2007 and had a pretty good time. Bendis, Simone, Wagner, and Jeff Smith will be there.

Oni Press and Top Shelf Productions are usually at this show and Dark Horse sets up there as well. Portland has a huge and talented indie scene and if you're into indies, this show is for you. If you've never been to an indie/alt show before, this would be the one to go to.

I'm considering heading down to this. I just went to Emerald City last weekend and it left me jonesing for more! I'm going to check out the site and see what I think. If anybody can think of reasons to drive 4 hours to this I'm looking for an excuse!