• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When Will They Learn?

9 posts in this topic

"This is from the Marvel Comics / Golden Records comic series published in 1966. This auction is just for the comic, not the record."

I don't think the seller is being dishonest in this one.

He mentions 1966/reprint/record at least 3 times (once in the subtitle).

Dumb bidders here...? confused.gif

Wow! Someone is going to be EXTREMELY disappointed!!

You're assuming newbie speculators actually know about comics?

This one will likely go "into the vault", as the buyer rubs his hands together greedily, thinking of the immense profilts he will take... 27_laughing.gif

Doubtful, the same thing happened when I bought a copy of this GRR Avengers 4 book. At the end however, people realized it was GRR and withdrew their bids.. leaving me with the book at about 75 dollars wink.gif

Brian

Well, looking at the buyer, he just joined ebay a couple of months ago, and bought mostly mid-grade Dells (nothing serious), but has bought a couple of CGC books (one early Batman (CGC 5.0) mid-grade, and an 8.0 ASM #38), so the buyer should be experienced enough to know what he's doing. And, the seller's description was in no way vague about it - it's clearly noted in the first sentence, not bolded and underlined, but the info is there. And it took at least one other bidder to get the bid up that high. But you're right, it's way to much for the reprint..