• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Do You Sell An Invisible Plane?

22 posts in this topic

My kid asked me a comics related question yesterday before work and, I'm embarrassed to say, I didn't know the answer...

When did Wonder Woman gain the ability to fly? And what happened to her invisible plane?

I'm thinking it could have been Crisis but my DC knowledge is apparently lacking...

Jim

I don't know when she started flying, but the invisible plane still pops up now and then. It was in "For Tomorrow" the Superman run by Jim Lee.

Why though if she can fly? Has she always been able to?

Jim

More importantly, what's the advantage of having an invisible plane when you can still see the person flying it? ????

I would like to see SpongeBob tackle that one...., :lol:

SFW

Love this quote from that wiki article:

"The Pre-Crisis version of the Invisible Plane began in the very first comic stories, including All-Star Comics number 8. Wonder Woman is seen storing the plane at an abandoned farm near Washington, D.C"

Must have been government issue!

Specifications

* It was created to attune itself to its user and its environment. The vessel responds appropriately and can take the form of any vehicle of earth, water and beyond (a submarine or rocket ship). This amazing craft was given as a gift by the Lansinarians as a gift to Wonder Woman who saved them.

* It has the power to be undetectable by radar or the human eye and the ability to shift from its crystal, "transparent mode" to complete invisibility rendering BOTH itself and its occupants truly invisible.

* The Invisible Jet propels itself by harnessing graviton particles. It is in this fashion also that it shields its passengers from the forces of sudden acceleration.

* In outer space, the craft can extrude a portion of itself around Wonder Woman. Without taking in additional air supply, it can process one's own exhaled oxygen to allow breathing for 20 minutes. It can sense Wonder Woman's thoughts and will respond to her needs.

* Arsenal: The Invisible Jet can shape projectile weapons out of its own substance but doing so depletes the amount of material in the vessel. When such depletion occurs, the craft can regenerate itself slowly. This function is to be avoided and used only when absolutely necessary as a last resort.

* Although Wonder Woman possesses the power of flight, the Invisible Jet is very useful when she needs to transport a larger group of people or when she needs to use stealth on a mission.

Personally I'd sell it to enterprising Mile High clubbers and film the festivities from an adjacent plane... :o

Jim

When I first read this, I couldn't figure out what Chuck had to do with it, then wondered why GA pedigree comic owners would be having a gathering on a plane, and finally I read it slowly.

The Mile High Club. :cloud9: