• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver age interiors?

5 posts in this topic

Are there any websites or is there any way to see interiors to silver age DC books without havigng to buy the book? Thanks in advance.

I'm surprised no one has answered this. (shrug) The short answer: Yes.

The long answer is there is a huge universe of silver age comic interiors available for viewing. Marvel produces those "40 years of" collections in Adobe Reader (.pdf) format. Then there's the vast online world of "DCP" (Digital Comics Preservation), which is groups of hardcore fans who scan their comics into digital (.cbr) archives. (.cbr = Comic Book Reader app, a free download) Click through this list for a sense of the scale of what's available:List

Fandom on the net is a ginormous universe. Google is your friend. (thumbs u

41BNPrdHwiL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Are there any websites or is there any way to see interiors to silver age DC books without havigng to buy the book? Thanks in advance.

I am not surprised no one answered since the answer is quite obvious:

Legally, NO. Illegally, YES and one should not download them.

Maybe you should invite him to join your Dead Artists' Society and download Golden Age goodness to his heart's content. ;)

There's enough sweet downloads in that genre to keep him reading for years to come. Who knows. Once he experiences some Baker maybe he'll forget all about Curt Swan. :grin:

Maybe you should invite him to join your Dead Artists' Society and download Golden Age goodness to his heart's content. ;)

There's enough sweet downloads in that genre to keep him reading for years to come. Who knows. Once he experiences some Baker maybe he'll forget all about Curt Swan. :grin:

There is a difference between '70's DC and public domain material from decades before :baiting: ... But, yeah, I could point him out to some great websites - All the Timelies you'd ever want to read ...