• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on eBay Seller

65 posts in this topic

Sixx.

I would not advise dealing with the seller in question.

Also I can say that October is a standup guy, and you should have no worries. I would also advise paying through paypal from now on to have the option to get your money back IF something ever goes wrong.

So I hope you two can figure out a way to resolve this issue.

And to everyone else. If I was making a transaction that I committed to, and the seller began making me feel uncomfortable about who I was dealing with I would back out too. Its so easy to act like there are absolutes, maybe the money just isnt much to you. But if you were buying a large purchase and suddenly felt that things did not feel right would you go through? And I am talking car/home purchase. If you do not have confidence with who you are dealing with, shouldnt you have the right to walk away from that deal ?

I think he and Andy should make good. But as far as I am concerned once any changes have been made that deviate from the initial agreement, the deal is over. That would include changing shipping address' or name on package. There are no absolutes. That is like saying if Alleybat created a shill and started a thread, and some posted the takeit. That they must honor this, KNOWING they will be ripped off.

Again, not saying this is his situation. Just have to wonder why this is going out of hand. And YES I did read the original probation thread.

Why do you think this is going out of hand? He sent a PM to October that said " The check is in the mail, let's cancel the transaction."

Don't you think that's odd?

Wouldn't a natural part of actually wanting to cancel the transaction be to say something like, "I would appreciate it if you return the check to me when you receive it, so I don't have to stop payment." If he had sent the check "last week", wouldn't a natural statement to make be something like, " sorry you haven't received the check yet. I actually had a check go three weeks once without being received. I appreciate your patience, but please let's give it a bit more time and see if it shows up."

The reason he didn't do that is because he wanted out of the transaction IMHO.

I don't think October did anything wrong here. He was patient toward a complete lack of response for 8 days, asked for more info, and then was met with nonsense that most of us would prefer to avoid.

That's why word of this is good. He could have made a case the way you describe, but in this case that would be impossible.

Hopefully he makes things right.

My work here is done. I'm very confident most of you are happy with that news. lol

Or you know. You could just put me on blast...

I agree that he is rightfully on the probation list. I even said he should make good. I also added that October is a good seller and is trustworthy when it comes to funny books. I just added some extra points that may or may NOT have been directed towards you. But I dont believe they were.

Also I will add this. This is not the forum sales area. And I dont believe you should be making a spectacle out of someone for posting on these forums. While I do think sixx should make right, there is something to be said for good taste. If this were a sales thread, I could see posting all of this. I could also see sending a Private Message to any seller dealing with him. But again, this was not the case. A few people decided to attack Sixx for posting a question. Doesnt anyone think attacking someone unprovoked to be a little bit wrong?

Again he should make good on the deal. But this is not yours, mine, or anyones business except the parties involved. And I really dont believe this forum was the place for this attack.

And to everyone else. If I was making a transaction that I committed to, and the seller began making me feel uncomfortable about who I was dealing with I would back out too.

As would I. (thumbs u

However, as this clearly wasn't the case here (I've read all the gory details, too), it's no defence for our Probation List includee.

I was making a statement about what was said by others here. I know the situation of why he is on the list, and he should be on the list. But I do not believe that if you are on the list you should be attacked any time you post in any forum.

And to everyone else. If I was making a transaction that I committed to, and the seller began making me feel uncomfortable about who I was dealing with I would back out too.

As would I. (thumbs u

However, as this clearly wasn't the case here (I've read all the gory details, too), it's no defence for our Probation List includee.

I was making a statement about what was said by others here. I know the situation of why he is on the list, and he should be on the list. But I do not believe that if you are on the list you should be attacked any time you post in any forum.

Ideally. :whistle:

As would I. (thumbs u

Pat, I tend to agree with you on this. Lord knows I've popped off a time or two and had to end up apologizing. However, this is not just a random post. It was a direct question about a seller's trustworthiness. Any reasonable person would have to expect blowback, if that person were already on notice of being held untrustworty by the terms of the rules here. To me, it's caveat postor in a situation where someone on the Proby list asks about trustworthy dealers in Comics General. 2c

As would I. (thumbs u

Pat, I tend to agree with you on this. Lord knows I've popped off a time or two and had to end up apologizing. However, this is not just a random post. It was a direct question about a seller's trustworthiness. Any reasonable person would have to expect blowback, if that person were already on notice of being held untrustworty by the terms of the rules here. To me, it's caveat postor in a situation where someone on the Proby list asks about trustworthy dealers in Comics General. 2c

Blowback..... hm

As would I. (thumbs u

Blowback..... hm

Blowhard :baiting:

As would I. (thumbs u

I also believe circumstance would come into play here. The seller in question is "notorious" for "missing" restoration as well as creating "franken-books". So judging by what we are talking about I dont think the credibility is on the level. Not that I wold deal with either person. The person asking the question isnt a crook, he is just a NPB.

I can understand your position. Frankly, in this case, I think your pain threshold is just a little too low.

I've dealt with buyers on Ebay that don't read listings, insisted you ship to unconfirmed addresses,etc. Emails ad nauseum.

Things that what this buyer received from October could not POSSIBLY compare too.

I read what this guy did, and I think what he did warranted what he got in this thread. I think it makes the system better if you get grief for not following the rules.... .

Since neither of us moderate these Boards, Boards that have really dialed down the spectacle making and mocking since the early days, I guess each of us will have to accept it for what it is.

(thumbs u

As would I. (thumbs u

(thumbs u

Correct, counselor.

If he'd have been asking about when Supes first encountered pink kryptonite, I'd have either given an answer, or simply not bothered posting at all. However, as he was enquiring about somebody else's integrity when it came to business dealings, I found it supremely ironic.

However, I didn't blast him...I simply made a sarcastic (and fairly veiled, unless you knew the background) comment and left it at that.

Until he starting prodding with the 'whatever could you mean?' stuff.

At which point, I explained.

As would I. (thumbs u

(thumbs u

Correct, counselor.

If he'd have been asking about when Supes first encountered pink kryptonite, I'd have either given an answer, or simply not bothered posting at all. However, as he was enquiring about somebody else's integrity when it came to business dealings, I found it supremely ironic.

However, I didn't blast him...I simply made a sarcastic (and fairly veiled, unless you knew the background) comment and left it at that.

Until he starting prodding with the 'whatever could you mean?' stuff.

At which point, I explained.

Fair enough. I spoke my peace, and I am not friends with the OP so I am not going to continue. And you know I value your opinion over many on the boards.

Even if you havent come to the states since I started here :baiting:

Fair enough. I spoke my peace, and I am not friends with the OP so I am not going to continue. And you know I value your opinion over many on the boards.

doh!

Yeah, I know, and we're most pissed off about that at this end, too. :(

Unfortunately, no jobs, no money, terrible exchange rate...has all conspired against us. We've never gone this long without a Stateside visit (we have been known to do it twice a year) and the cracks are starting to show.

Hell, I ate my last hoarded box of Spicy Cheez-Its weeks ago. :cry:

doh!

Yeah, I know, and we're most pissed off about that at this end, too. :(

Unfortunately, no jobs, no money, terrible exchange rate...has all conspired against us. We've never gone this long without a Stateside visit (we have been known to do it twice a year) and the cracks are starting to show.

Hell, I ate my last hoarded box of Spicy Cheez-Its weeks ago. :cry:

Sorry things havent improved for you man. On a higher note, cant wait until you make it out here again. And spicy cheez-its ?

If he lives close is there any chance of you checking out his books in hand before buying them?
Does anyone know anything about eBay seller tomorrowstreasures?

He seems to have some nice golden age, and he is local to where I live. I just don't want to start spending money with him if he has a bad rep or does his own undisclosed restores..

Thanks.

Run.

Run as fast and as far as you possibly can.

And don't look back.

The guy is a thief and a swindler.

Richie is a total jerk. He's a constant fixture at the NYC Big Apple Con shows (he's the first table as you come off the escalator). I've asked him to see several books and EVERY time he'll quote me a price dismissively 3X guide as if to shoo me away. Most of his books are beater copies, but he has nice copies every now and then in his display case. Avoid him.

Grrrrrrr...

I REALLY wish I had known that back in Nov when I went.

I would have LOVED to continue our conversation from 2004 face to face.

GRRRRR.

Wait a sec... does anyone have a picture of Richie? If it's the guy I'm thinking of... one of the first guy's near the escalator at the Big Apple Con, I can confirm he is a *****bag.

Yeah, that'd be interesting.

Muchin is on the "debt unsettled" list with me.

My one and only "deal" with him was enough.

Wait a sec... does anyone have a picture of Richie? If it's the guy I'm thinking of... one of the first guy's near the escalator at the Big Apple Con, I can confirm he is a *****bag.
As soon as you go up the escalator, dead ahead to the end of the right corner. I have heard horror stories about the guy.And he keeps the glass display case on the table.

And spicy cheez-its ?

Look, if I could have them injected directly into my blood-stream, I would. :eek:

Caitlin (my step-daughter) brought half-a-dozen large boxes over for me one Christmas and gave them to me on Christmas morning. Before noon, I'd demolished one box and was into my second. :whistle:

And spicy cheez-its ?

Look, if I could have them injected directly into my blood-stream, I would. :eek:

Caitlin (my step-daughter) brought half-a-dozen large boxes over for me one Christmas and gave them to me on Christmas morning. Before noon, I'd demolished one box and was into my second. :whistle:

Remind me not to sit next to you in the pub when I come over.

:whistle: