• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neil Adams did "Green Goblin" ?

35 posts in this topic

Actually , he would have "drawn" a cool GG and a smokin' hot GS. (thumbs u
:gossip: No he wouldnt have, his Marvel work stunk compared to his work at DC

???? :insane::screwy: Easter is no time to start swilling bong water cocktails. His Avengers and Amazing Adventures work was awesome.

I also thought the cover work he did on Marvels magazine line was probably his nicest work ever. A bunch of hidden Adams classics in there.

Those I havent seen, or at least dont remember. I really liked his work on Brave and the Bold, and his Horror stuff. Im not even that wild about the Bat books he did. While some of it was really good, I just dont dig it as much as some others.

I always thought his X-men stuff was his best work.

(shrug)

???? :insane::screwy: Easter is no time to start swilling bong water cocktails. His Avengers and Amazing Adventures work was awesome.

I also thought the cover work he did on Marvels magazine line was probably his nicest work ever. A bunch of hidden Adams classics in there.

Those I havent seen, or at least dont remember. I really liked his work on Brave and the Bold, and his Horror stuff. Im not even that wild about the Bat books he did. While some of it was really good, I just dont dig it as much as some others.

Alrighty -then , you we're quite funny earlier . Now , I'm starting to question your judgement re: comic book art. :baiting:

Agreed , it's hard to beat his GL/GA DC stuff , B&B , etc. , but his Avengers and X-Men stuff at the time , was surely a refreshing and popular alternative/gift compared to the other artists of the day.(Granted there were some fine , classic one's.) (shrug)

His X-Men covers I just am not wild about, very psychadelic but not for me. And discussing artists at the time isnt for me. This isnt my favorite time period for art as it is. But I would still say that Adams work on DC titles tops the work he did at Marvel far and away. And there were other artists I much prefer for the Avengers, but never liked SA X-Men at all.

And as far as refreshing alternatives. Sterankos work at Marvel was IT. That was my favorite art from that time period. There are a few others that I do like, but none had the flair and ability Steranko displayed.

(shrug)

I liked his DC work much better. The X-Men covers were just too "busy" for my tastes. I like his DC work much better. I would have to say this comes down to what each of us likes. But IMO his DC stuff was just killer and more "classic" than groundbreaking.

(shrug)

I liked his DC work much better. The X-Men covers were just too "busy" for my tastes. I like his DC work much better. I would have to say this comes down to what each of us likes. But IMO his DC stuff was just killer and more "classic" than groundbreaking.

Well ! , now , I didn't know we we're contemplating King Steranko in the equation? Jim Rules !!

Can't quite picture the "Goblin" , but I'm sure it would rock ! (thumbs u

Yes, he would have.

PS: His name is Neal.

as in Pert ? :whistle:

It's Peart.

No , it's not ! :makepoint:

Sean said ! , and he is always right ! ...... :P

Just googled it. You are correct young California Kid... (thumbs u

**News Flash *** Seanfingh misspelled a word ! , He misspelled a word ! Na-na-na-na-nah ! :grin:

(shrug)

Well ! , now , I didn't know we we're contemplating King Steranko in the equation? Jim Rules !!

Can't quite picture the "Goblin" , but I'm sure it would rock ! (thumbs u

See. If you are talking about great SA Marvel, I dont consider Adams work. Much preferred Sterankos ST and Nick Fury, or Kirby on FF.

Yes, he would have.

It's Peart.

**News Flash *** Seanfingh misspelled a word ! , He misspelled a word ! Na-na-na-na-nah ! :grin:

I hate Rush. Well actually just the vocals. As a band unreal talent, but the vocals dont work for me.

See there again we differ as I vividly remember the interiors. It was just glorious interior work on the X-men. That stuff left such an impression on me that nobody every came close after that for me.

Yes, he would have.

It's Peart.

I hate Rush. Well actually just the vocals. As a band unreal talent, but the vocals dont work for me.

I'm starting to see that you are quite picky. :baiting:

Yes, he would have.

It's Peart.

I'm starting to see that you are quite picky. :baiting:

Nah. I listen to alot of music most people wouldnt like. But again, its all opinion. I never liked Pink Floyd, or Led Zepplin either. Both insanely talented bands with vocalists I just didnt care for. Its all preference, and age I suppose. You were rocking out to rush while I was buying Motley Crue shout at the devil, and Metallica Master of Puppets. Not to say that the other bands mentioned arent talented, just nothing I would want to listen to.

Yes, he would have.

It's Peart.

Contrary to popular belief, I am neither infallible nor omniscient. But I can see how you would make that mistake.