• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cap 100

6 posts in this topic

I've just about finished my Cap run, needing only a common TOS and Cap100 to be done.About 90% of the run is VF or higher but I'm not sure if I want to spring for some semi-serious bucks for a VF or higher Cap 100. They seem to be everywhere.I was offered a nice Vg today for $60, and am wondering if it might be best to buy this,and put the money into other books.

Opinions, please.

There's no sense in worrying about how common it is, since this book is an easy find all the way to 9.6. And #109 is probably just as common as $100, but you see it a little less because of the difference in value.

As common as VF's are, just think how many VG's are out there. You could get a CGC 8.0 for around $150, and a raw copy for even less if your patient. IMO, the VF is a much better value than paying $60 for a VG.

Completely agree with Andrew on this point... Cap 100 was the first "serious" silver book I sought out... they are absolutely everywhere and actually a book that the guide OVERvalues at $525 in NM. Even a CGC 9.0 can be had for about $325 or $350 if you look hard enough. A raw VF for less than $150? You certainly don't have to pay $150 for a raw one. Great cover... I have two raw 100s and always look at new ones.

Here's what I would pay raw for a Cap 100:

NM 9.4 (hmmmm... I'd pay guide $525)

NM 9.2 ($400)

VF/NM 9.0 ($275)

VF + ($200)

VF ($150)

F+ ($90)

F ($60)

VG ($40)

G ($15)

I put a flyer out in the marketplace,we'll see if anyone responds.This was the first book I spent big bucks on, also. I picked up a copy at my first convention,Thanksgiving Creation,1974.This book,Marvel Tales 2,Star*Reach 1 and a Conan 2 were my big finds that day. Doubt I spent $20 dollars on the buch,including admission to the show! thumbsup2.gif