• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,094 posts in this topic

The WWII covers ended at #66, after that from 67-78 the vast majority of the covers feature the Torch battling gangsters and bank robbers. I've read in a number of places that MM's sales declined dramatically after WWII and I think that with #79 the editors (I think that Stan is back) were trying to increase sales with a new cover themes. I've got almost all of the run from #79 up and I try to post some of better covers over the next fews weeks.

Can tell you about the story as I haven't read the issue, I'll have to find a low grade copy somewhere.

The WWII covers ended at #66, after that from 67-78 the vast majority of the covers feature the Torch battling gangsters and bank robbers. I've read in a number of places that MM's sales declined dramatically after WWII and I think that with #79 the editors (I think that Stan is back) were trying to increase sales with a new cover themes. I've got almost all of the run from #79 up and I try to post some of better covers over the next fews weeks.

Can tell you about the story as I haven't read the issue, I'll have to find a low grade copy somewhere.

I always love it when people have high grade copies that they are afraid to open. poke2.gif

I'd love to see your timely issues. maybe you could scan the stories too. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifstooges.gif

I have the same problem with a few books, but not most. cloud9.gif

In my opinion that's the PERFECT condition for golden age.Solid enough to take it out of the mylar for a spin,but not so nice that you're afraid to get eye tracks on it when you're looking at it.I've got a restored copy and I've been a big Namora fan since I first saw her on the newstand back in the early 70's in Sub-mariner comics in some reprint back-up features.NICE D@MN book.congrats.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

In my opinion that's the PERFECT condition for golden age.Solid enough to take it out of the mylar for a spin,but not so nice that you're afraid to get eye tracks on it when you're looking at it.I've got a restored copy and I've been a big Namora fan since I first saw her on the newstand back in the early 70's in Sub-mariner comics in some reprint back-up features.NICE D@MN book.congrats.

I agree - while HG Golden Age books are impressive because it's amazing that they survived in such condition, give me a solid mid-grade any day. By all means, post sweet high grade copies if you have them, but no need to apologize for a book with solid eye-appeal.