• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

Finally tracked this one down in an affordable grade... this was one of the first (possibly THE first) golden age comics I ever saw in real life, courtesy of Doug Sulipa's Comic World, circa. 1982.

1302671-CAP%233POST0001.jpg

589a8b8f3f827_1302671-CAP3POST0001.jpg.0ca3fbc4782ed5df8222ee53e090abe9.jpg

Edited by RyanH

Unfortunately, the follow-up story in Young Allies #4 hasn't be reprinted that I know of. That issue is one long 45-page Red Skull story.

Come on! Don't be cheap and read the original - buy Jim Payette's VG- copy for $1,500. Who needs a stinking reprint poke2.gif

I have read the story - still have a copy - trust me, it's not worth the time - a couple of okay splashes and that's about it. Fantastic cover, but like many Timely's - 3rd rate interior.

Finally tracked this one down in an affordable grade... this was one of the first (possibly THE first) golden age comics I ever saw in real life, courtesy of Doug Sulipa's Comic World, circa. 1982.

1302671-CAP%233POST0001.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I had a few Timelys up until a few years ago when I sold them all, so here is my first addition to the new collection I am starting up...not in any particular order, but these are my personal "grails" that I want to try and get...

Human Torch 5, 8, 12

USA 7

Marvel Mystery 40, 44

One down, several to go...anyway here is my first Timely, bought from LCS. Nice clean mid-grade book. Unrestored. Small crease break in cover top right corner. Great colours and classic Schomburg cover hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

img0858xz0.jpg

Hope to get a couple more off my list over the next year or two... yay.gif

One down, several to go...anyway here is my first Timely, bought from LCS. Nice clean mid-grade book. Unrestored. Small crease break in cover top right corner. Great colours and classic Schomburg cover

As I said before, that is a GREAT book... the figures are so large and prominent, which you don't see alot of in Schomburg covers. Congrats on a wonderful copy of that key issue!

I have to ask, who is "LCS"?

thanks

One down, several to go...anyway here is my first Timely, bought from LCS. Nice clean mid-grade book. Unrestored. Small crease break in cover top right corner. Great colours and classic Schomburg cover

As I said before, that is a GREAT book... the figures are so large and prominent, which you don't see alot of in Schomburg covers. Congrats on a wonderful copy of that key issue!

I have to ask, who is "LCS"?

thanks

Local Comic Shop.

I had a few Timelys up until a few years ago when I sold them all, so here is my first addition to the new collection I am starting up...not in any particular order, but these are my personal "grails" that I want to try and get...

Human Torch 5, 8, 12

USA 7

Marvel Mystery 40, 44

One down, several to go...anyway here is my first Timely, bought from LCS. Nice clean mid-grade book. Unrestored. Small crease break in cover top right corner. Great colours and classic Schomburg cover hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

img0858xz0.jpg

Hope to get a couple more off my list over the next year or two... yay.gif

You have got one [great[/b] wife!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

yes, noted to have a small CT. Does not bleed through the cover and it can't be seen without looking for it.

I looked at that book forever but didn't want to pay for a restored copy. Might be worth having a professional remove the CT if its really small. You have an envious collection. thumbsup2.gif