• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,075 posts in this topic

Thanks Bill, I've been trying to find a nice copy for about 10 years. I seriously considered chasing the Crippen copy until it smashed the $3k barrier, I think it closed at $5k. So I was pretty happy to find this copy within a month. cloud9.gif

A very tough book to find in high grade, probably the toughest from the issues in the 70's. $5K was crazy but obviously a high grade GA Cap collector went after it. I didn't hesitate with this book as it goes nicely with my run and they are selling like hot cakes so I think its a good investment.

I only have a handful of Timelys left, but this is one of those special items that I refer to as a "WowVow" book (i.e., till death do us part).

It's the Chicago copy, btw...

MM29Crop.jpg

STEVE

Got Larson? (West, I know you do!)

Thanks all - I shamelessly confess that I enjoy showing 'em off.

One side benefit of sharing these photos is that I can now "visit" the books in My Album when they soon go BttB (Back to the Bank).

What follows is a timely (oops - bad pun) acquisition from earlier this year...raw, and original owner to boot. (I apologize for the skew - it's me and the camera, not the book, which is perfectly square).

Marv24Crop.jpg

STEVE Got Larson?

Great covers - fantastic looking books! thumbsup2.gif

Hmmmmm..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif what bank? Maybe I should buy a mask 27_laughing.gif

Seriously, great looking books ....... hail.gif

Thank You!

OK, last one - the orgy is about to end (as Austin Powers said, "I'm spent").

In my hobby travels over the years, Marvel Mystery 4 consistently is one of the most popular books out there:

Marv4Crop.jpg

STEVE Got Larson? ("He shoots.....he scores!!!")