• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,067 posts in this topic

PS....maybe I have been living under a rock too long, but what the heck is that picture thing in your posting....what the heck is that thing and what is in dude's hand. I think he needs to get those teeth dulled down a little.....what is going on with that?

PS....maybe I have been living under a rock too long, but what the heck is that picture thing in your posting..

Thats the little maniac from and episode in Karen Black's Trilogy of Terror. I remember it scared the cr@p out of me when I saw it on TV as a kid. If my memory serves me correctly it was given as a gift to a woman by her mother. It had a necklace on and when the necklace fell off it came to life and was chasing this chick around her apartment trying to stab her. Pretty high tech for the 70's. The ending was pretty cool too.

Squid....I TOTALLY AGREE....one can never have too many Schomburg WW2 covers......nice book! I love how Alex came up with all these "death machines" .... love the guy in the background turning the wheel.....hey we need a Schomburg cover thread!

This was not a cover I had ever paid attention to but Schomburg was definitely inventive when it came to illustrating the fiendish devices of the nation's enemies! 27_laughing.gif

Just the best covers on these books - Schomburg and Fine rule the era IMHO.

And taking a peek inside a Timely ain't too bad either....

100_1011.jpg

STEVE Larson?

How are you scanning those images....without damaging the book....I always have the spine showing and glare as I don't want to open the books too far. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How are you scanning those images....without damaging the book....I always have the spine showing and glare as I don't want to open the books too far. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

For my interior pics I use a digital camera and correct in photoshop to square them up! thumbsup2.gif

How are you scanning those images....without damaging the book....I always have the spine showing and glare as I don't want to open the books too far.

Appreciate the concern, but as Jayman relates I take the image then crop/resize it to fit, which also gets rid of any glare or spine showing - piece of cake.

Here's the final clue, the opening splash from the same book:

100_1014.jpg

STEVE Got Larson?

It's never been graded. When I first saw the book, it had a 1" mouse chew on the lower spine and a small chunk out of the back cover... but was absolutely beautiful otherwise (glossy cover, strong colors, supple off-white pages, etc.)!

Thirteen agonizing months later it came back, and needless to say I was very happy the way it turned out.

Once in a rare while, a gem like this comes along where some needed work is done and the book just turns out great. Especially on key GA issues, a strong copy with some professional restoration is just fine with me (and much more affordable, too).

Good luck in your quest - you're on the verge of quite an achievement.

STEVE Got Larson?