• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,075 posts in this topic

This arrived today....HT#9 Blue Label hail.gif 5.5 with C/O-W pages. I am really happy with it .... thanks to Phil thumbsup2.gif

OOOOOOHHHHHHH....another Torch for my collection.... cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Torch just blew through three tanks - including Rommels and then twisted/melted the snot out of another tanks barrel....just cool - love these covers...

Sorry for the crummy picture....my scanner does not like slabs...

img1016ug6.jpg

This arrived today....HT#9 Blue Label hail.gif 5.5 with C/O-W pages. I am really happy with it .... thanks to Phil thumbsup2.gif

OOOOOOHHHHHHH....another Torch for my collection.... cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Torch just blew through three tanks - including Rommels and then twisted/melted the snot out of another tanks barrel....just cool - love these covers...

Sorry for the crummy picture....my scanner does not like slabs...

img1016ug6.jpg

Great book!.. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifheadbang.gif..I'm also collecting Torch's,great covers,and cheaper than Caps....hope to complete it by 2031..... makepoint.gif

Great pick-up! 893applaud-thumb.gif

BTW, here is a photo of the real General Erwin Rommel, known as "The Desert Fox".

Rommel_portrait.jpg

Rommel is considered one of Germany's greatest field generals but also supposedly took part in a plot to assassinate Hitler, for which he was forced to commit suicide before the end of WW2. tonofbricks.gif

GE

Edited by GreatEscape

My first Marvel Comics issue after 25+ years of collecting.....not high grade...but decent enough and almost GGA. cloud9.gif1435181-MarvelComics83.JPG1435181-MarvelComics83back.JPG

So how do you grade this one?

When I bought it, I assumed it was around a G/VG 3.0. In hand....I'd say still say G/VG but not a super strong g/vg.

Pages are pretty decent.

What would you grade it?

Gotta love the Cap Motorcycle covers! cloud9.gif

allselect4.jpg

Great looking book, Mike! I love the "Giant Rocket Shell". thumbsup2.gif

You've got a nice collection going there. Are you pretty much just buying Golden Age nowadays?

BTW, I picked up a couple of nice books today. I'll try and post them tonight or tomorrow. Man, there's nothing like a nice Timely!