• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

You cannot go wrong - great art/reading, best covers of the GA (in my humble opinion 893blahblah.gif) and there are some nice affordable Timelys out there.....

poke2.gif Bob Storms has a Cap 49 on his site...no pic, but sure he'd scan it....I bought his 6.5 of the same. Last war issue, great looking cover....

Some great books tonight for sure!

Just curious, what is Bob Storm's website? I am unfamiliar with him. Thanks!

Great books, all!!! Really top notch! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Pod....sweet books....I love the Cap cover...nice looking book. Which came first....Winners 2 or Mysic 6? Which is the first Destroyer....I am not sure....my new Mystic has an inside date of October 1941 - what about the Winners? Just curious??? I dont think OS is clear on this .... confused-smiley-013.gif Awsome books, keep on buyin and postin!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I also picked up my new HT #5 along with the Mystic book. Schomburg cover and a Torch and Subby battle to boot. As a little dust shadow on the cover, but I am very happy with it....

hail.gifcloud9.gif

scan10004uz7.jpg

Dang where you'd pick those up, nice. 893applaud-thumb.gif

There are some awesome books being posted here lately. Kinda makes me want to quit buying SA and just start picking up some sweet Timelys. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sounds like a pretty good plan! I recently sold off all of my silver age to start buying golden age again, and am having a blast!

That is a fantastic looking MM #27. The colours look great. Nice pick up. I agree - some great stuff being posted - no doubt.....please keep it coming thumbsup2.gif ......nothing beats a Timely!

Since I started collecting (again, after selling my books years ago), I am scrambling all over the place to sell off all the other cr*p....errrrr....I mean highly valued collectible stuff, I have collected over the years and turn it into Timelys...

I am working on another of my "key" Timelys ..... hope to make a deal on it this week 893crossfingers-thumb.gif .......anyone have a nice warm shed I can live in......wifey is going to banish me soon.... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I finally scored a copy of this long term grail, an ebay BIN from Terry's Comics. It has a couple of hidden flaws, otherwise it would have been way out of my price range. As it was it blew my comics budget for a while. A piece of archival tape at the staple on the inside cover, and a couple of H2O spots on the back cover. On the plus side, excellent gloss and OW/W pages.

cap46.jpg

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

I finally scored a copy of this long term grail, an ebay BIN from Terry's Comics. It has a couple of hidden flaws, otherwise it would have been way out of my price range. As it was it blew my comics budget for a while. A piece of archival tape at the staple on the inside cover, and a couple of H2O spots on the back cover. On the plus side, excellent gloss and OW/W pages.

cap46.jpg

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Congratulations! Tough book to come by. thumbsup2.gif

cap46.jpg

Congratulations! Tough book to come by. thumbsup2.gif

Great book,one of my grails too,hope a mid grade pops up some day........congratulations,awesome pickup 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

If it's got to have flaws, they might as well be the hidden kind, and the kind that save you $$$. That is a beautiful book. Congratulations. I've always wondered if there was a Holocaust interior story for this book, of it it was just a cover-idea.

I finally scored a copy of this long term grail, an ebay BIN from Terry's Comics. It has a couple of hidden flaws, otherwise it would have been way out of my price range.

cap46.jpg

If it's got to have flaws, they might as well be the hidden kind, and the kind that save you $$$. That is a beautiful book. Congratulations. I've always wondered if there was a Holocaust interior story for this book, of it it was just a cover-idea.

I finally scored a copy of this long term grail, an ebay BIN from Terry's Comics. It has a couple of hidden flaws, otherwise it would have been way out of my price range.

cap46.jpg

Sweet book.....

I just deslabbed this one....(paging Andy...October)

The pages that are out of the cover are 1/2 pages that are slightly misaligned within the book....generally nice pages and color. If the cover was attached when it was sent in.....it wasn't when I opened up the slab....but I bet if I called on graders notes....it would tell me that too. No worries...still really happy with the book at around G+ guide price for a certified unrestored copy. 1474180-ComicScan0242.JPG1474180-ComicScan0240.JPG1474180-ComicScan0241.JPG1474180-ComicScan0239.JPG1474180-marvelmystery56.jpg1474180-MarvelMystery56back.jpg

1474180-MarvelMystery56back.jpg.9ef16625299c6e86182150c1c2405d9f.jpg

Comicdey - I also have a copy of MM 56 with similarly misaligned pages. One of my favorite Marvel Mystery covers - I love the absurdity of torturing Toro with fire foreheadslap.gif GCD credits the Torch story art to Jimmy Thompson - who as far as I can tell did a few of them around this time. I find his style to be superior to much interior Timely art. Does anyone know more about him?

As to Cap #46 - Alas no interior story to match - like most war era Timelys the cover has no relation to the interior. The stories have more of a mystery angle, with fairly subtle references to the nazis. I guess as the war was winding down, Timely was looking to shift Cap into post-war adventures.

I doubt this issue is any rarer than say #45 or #47 in absolute terms, and with the prices being realized I would expect a few more copies to surface and change hands in the near future before it settles into the same sort of availability pattern as say Cap #74 - not exactly scarce as long as you're willing to pay the premium.