• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,084 posts in this topic

Fantastic looking book Andy - love that cover - congrats on a really nice HT thumbsup2.gif......gotta get me a copy of that one....oh well, one day .... confused-smiley-013.gif

Thought I was done with Timelys for the year...but then this one came knocking on my door and I just could not resist.....got it before it went to eBay....Hitler with his trunk of baddies....just too cool a cover to pass on....just happy to have it cloud9.gif. Picked it up today.

Four small CT dots in the top left corner, light non-colour breaking crease on FC, really nice pages - smells good too... 893whatthe.gif

scan10008ev8.jpg

cloud9.gifyay.gifcloud9.gifyay.gifcloud9.gifyay.gifcloud9.gifyay.gif

yay.gifyay.gifthumbsup2.gif

Fantastic looking book Andy - love that cover - congrats on a really nice HT thumbsup2.gif......gotta get me a copy of that one....oh well, one day .... confused-smiley-013.gif

Thought I was done with Timelys for the year...but then this one came knocking on my door and I just could not resist.....got it before it went to eBay....Hitler with his trunk of baddies....just too cool a cover to pass on....just happy to have it cloud9.gif. Picked it up today.

Four small CT dots in the top left corner, light non-colour breaking crease on FC, really nice pages - smells good too... 893whatthe.gif

scan10008ev8.jpg

cloud9.gifyay.gifcloud9.gifyay.gifcloud9.gifyay.gifcloud9.gifyay.gif

yay.gifyay.gifthumbsup2.gif

VERY NICE!!

West

Thanks guys. I was really happy to land it, although I debated buying it - I had to really scrape the cash together....but I think it was worth the effort....it is a pretty nice looking book......man, if I could just save some more $$$. Think I need another job 893whatthe.gif

Gotta love the Timelys thumbsup2.gif

Here is something maybe some of the more experienced guys could give me their comments on. Wondering how the CT affects the grade and value of this book...there are the 4 CTs in the top left - these are near the M in Mysic. Any ideas if it is possible to get these removed? Worth while? The CT appears to me to be "amature" in nature - acrylic paint (maybe?). Not that I am planning to sell the book or get it graded....any comments would be appreciated.

I have distorted the lighting on the scan so you can see the 4 CTs in the upper left corner...hope it comes out good.

Thanks! grin.gif

can0014zz7.jpg

I was going through my copy of Marvel Science Stories - April / May 1939 tonight -

1500773-MarvelScienceStoriesApril-May1939s.jpg

The publisher (Goodman) went the cheap route. It's long in text and poor in illustration but one is by Alex Schomburg and I thought I'd share it -

1500773-MarvelScienceStoriesApril-May1939AlexSchomburgIllo.jpg

Now if only someone could tell me where I can buy a polyceltron iconoscope ...

1500773-MarvelScienceStoriesApril-May1939AlexSchomburgIllo.jpg.8d5abd8bd5f643344fd52a868bdd5343.jpg

Here is something maybe some of the more experienced guys could give me their comments on. Wondering how the CT affects the grade and value of this book...there are the 4 CTs in the top left - these are near the M in Mysic. Any ideas if it is possible to get these removed? Worth while? The CT appears to me to be "amature" in nature - acrylic paint (maybe?). Not that I am planning to sell the book or get it graded....any comments would be appreciated.

Well, the amateur CT certainly affects resale value but hopefully you paid an adjusted price ...and in any event, it wouldn't affect my enjoyment of the book because it's a beauty!

STEVE

Bravo!

That All-Winners cracks me up.

One puts a warning flag on a time bomb for what reason?

For the same reason the sub is labeled "Invasion Fleet" 27_laughing.gif

The publisher (Goodman) went the cheap route. It's long in text and poor in illustration but one is by Alex Schomburg and I thought I'd share it -

gossip.gif Another one of the issues from the title has some artwork by S&K. Whoever they are.

I was going through my copy of Marvel Science Stories - April / May 1939 tonight -

It's long in text and poor in illustration but one is by Alex Schomburg and I thought I'd share it -

1500773-MarvelScienceStoriesApril-May1939AlexSchomburgIllo.jpg

Now if only someone could tell me where I can buy a polyceltron iconoscope ...

Ebay. If you can't get one there, why would you want it?

Jack

(what grade?)