• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,088 posts in this topic

Okay, I'll stop now. Sorry if I took up too much space. Thanks for indulging me.

Don't worry, everyone loves Timelys. Why else would this thread get 10,000 hits in two weeks? wink.gif

Stunning books, Mr. B! Keep 'em coming! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

BTW, that Subby 8 is incredible. Must have skipped over that one in Gerber. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

You are very welcome! I have always been partial to the 6 and 11 myself.

Okay, I'll stop now. Sorry if I took up too much space. Thanks for indulging me.

Don't worry, everyone loves Timelys. Why else would this thread get 10,000 hits in two weeks? wink.gif

Thanks! Let's face it. Book in and book out, Timelys had the absolute best covers! They are perfect for a forum like this. I mean, while they are okay, who really wants to look at every issue of Action from 100 - 200? (I may be opening a big can of worms - but I doubt it!) But, other than maybe #79 just about every issue of Marvel Mystery is great!

Got a Sub-Mariner #13, perchance? popcorn.gif

Yes, but not handy, unfortunately. Soon though.

BTW, that Subby 8 is incredible. Must have skipped over that one in Gerber. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

You are very welcome! I have always been partial to the 6 and 11 myself.

6: I like the word balloon from one of the Japanese paratroopers with the (fake?) symbols. Little touches like that are on all of my favorite covers.

When I get the other cover and assess if they will marry well. I would then be more than happy to give you the other cover. If you want it anyway, you are more than welcome to have it.

Paul

Don't throw it away! Here's my copy from the "cracked" thread.

1714277-1606397-torch8.JPG

1714277-1606397-torch8.JPG.dc1f9ed03248f051e8dab954461aba49.JPG

When I get the other cover and assess if they will marry well. I would then be more than happy to give you the other cover. If you want it anyway, you are more than welcome to have it.

Paul

Don't throw it away! Here's my copy from the "cracked" thread.

1714277-1606397-torch8.JPG

Awesome cover gloss on that copy, solid 4.0. 893applaud-thumb.gif

usa11.jpg

oh my god!! i'd have tried to steal it a little harder if i had known it was the 'frisco!!!!!!!!

usa11.jpg

oh my god!! i'd have tried to steal it a little harder if i had known it was the 'frisco!!!!!!!!

Okay, that cuts it! I will never post another book on this site ever again! People are trying to steal my books now! Watch out Bangzoom. It is dangerous around here!

usa11.jpg

Okay, that cuts it! I will never post another book on this site ever again! People are trying to steal my books now! Watch out Bangzoom. It is dangerous around here!

worry not, bangzoom; your books are beautiful, but i'll risk jail time only over a Timely.

Thanks! Let's face it. Book in and book out, Timelys had the absolute best covers! They are perfect for a forum like this. I mean, while they are okay, who really wants to look at every issue of Action from 100 - 200? (I may be opening a big can of worms - but I doubt it!) But, other than maybe #79 just about every issue of Marvel Mystery is great!

I hear ya. Let's compare Marvel Mystery 100 - 200 against Action 100 - 200! grin.gif

Oh yeah, I forgot, there were only 92 of them... frown.gif Wonder why?? confused-smiley-013.gif

I hear ya. Let's compare Marvel Mystery 100 - 200 against Action 100 - 200! grin.gif

Oh yeah, I forgot, there were only 92 of them... frown.gif Wonder why?? confused-smiley-013.gif

Cause after 1949 Americans lost all sense of taste and culture!