• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,082 posts in this topic

The latest books added to my All Select run! All I need is #2!!! :cloud9:

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

Killer books. Especially that #3 :applause: The colors on that copy are astounding :o

I agree Bill. The 9.0 #3 is pretty special as well (thumbs u

The latest books added to my All Select run! All I need is #2!!! :cloud9:

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

Killer books. Especially that #3 :applause: The colors on that copy are astounding :o

I agree Bill. The 9.0 #3 is pretty special as well (thumbs u

I try to stay out of the grade discussion (tsk)

Just wish I had my old copy. Some defects on the back cover kept the grade down but its one of the brightest covers I've ever owned. :(

HT12cgc6.jpg

Yep, that one is just gorgeous; the colors really pop! Front cover view looks at least two grades higher. (thumbs u

Just wish I had my old copy. Some defects on the back cover kept the grade down but its one of the brightest covers I've ever owned. :(

HT12cgc6.jpg

I love those "lower" grade books that look that nice!!! Beautiful copy.

Many thanks to Silvers for this beauty. Seems incredibly hard to find a copy of this book higher than mid grade or where the yellows are not dingy but this one shows like a 7.5.

AW4cgc6.jpg

hm You're being modest, Surfer. From the scan that puppy looks like it might even be an 8.0 to me. After all, it's in an older holder (grading standards may have been a bit tougher in some areas back when that AW#4 was submitted). Of course I can't see the finer details of wear and tear from your scan, except for that strange cloud which looks amazingly like the reflection of a photographer! :grin:

Unless there is a structural problem with the back cover or some issue with the interior pages (request the old grading notes), this one may be worth a CGC review. :gossip:

HT12cgc6.jpg

Yeah, that one's sweet. :grin:

:applause:

What happened to it ?

I don't wanna increase your pain, but that sure is a nice book :popcorn:

The AW #4 is a very solid book the glare is a reflection from the photo. I've always thought the book was nicer than the 6.0 Silver Surfer is going to really like the book!

hm I apologize if I jumped the gun with my earlier observation. I'd assumed the book had already changed hands and that Surfer was posting his own scan (my bad).

It is a gorgeous book and appears under-graded, but the last thing I wanted to do was introduce any second thoughts about your selling it. :sorry:

All I can add is that I think you both have a great eye for GA books. (thumbs u

David I may have to resub this book just because I'm curious myself as to how it would regrade. The bottom right hand corner appears to be chipped off a bit so maybe that is what initially held the grade down? [although it seems minor in comparison to VF grades I have seen]. Its defintely going to be released from the slabb once its in my possession.

HT12cgc6.jpg

Yeah, that one's sweet. :grin:

:applause:

What happened to it ?

I don't wanna increase your pain, but that sure is a nice book :popcorn:

Somebody was at the right place at the right time......

ht12cgc60.jpg

Edited by podboy66

Many thanks to Silvers for this beauty. Seems incredibly hard to find a copy of this book higher than mid grade or where the yellows are not dingy but this one shows like a 7.5.

AW4cgc6.jpg

hm You're being modest, Surfer. From the scan that puppy looks like it might even be an 8.0 to me. After all, it's in an older holder (grading standards may have been a bit tougher in some areas back when that AW#4 was submitted). Of course I can't see the finer details of wear and tear from your scan, except for that strange cloud which looks amazingly like the reflection of a photographer! :grin:

Unless there is a structural problem with the back cover or some issue with the interior pages (request the old grading notes), this one may be worth a CGC review. :gossip:

press it first; never miss an opportunity to put the zealots into the board-equivalent of anaphylactic shock.

and it is one pretty book!