• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,082 posts in this topic

I picked this up a few weeks ago, so I'm broke now, but who cares :cloud9:

cap34cgc.jpg

My friends scanner sorta gives it a washed-out look. It's much nicer in person :cloud9:

love it jimmy!

Thanks Billy boy!! Let me say that your run of Marvel Mystery Comics has been a joy to see on these here boards!! (worship) It's a RARE treat indeed to see the entire run in the collection of one person. I'd guess not many collectors have accomplished that goal (worship):o(worship)

Finally /mm50.jpg[/img] mm51.jpg

first of all, fantastic books everybody. I mean no disrespect, they are just beautiful. But, I can't help but note that bondage covers work better with damsels in distress IMO than with cowering sidekicks. I'm just sayin'. :whistle:

Your mileage may vary (shrug)

I agree Bronty. I can only guess that Schomburg was attempting to mix it up a bit. I HAVE heard collectors complain that his covers became too "similar" after a while. Either way, at least we were spared seeing Toro's face thrust between some bad guys butt cheeks ala Batman #7 (thumbs u

Finally /mm50.jpg[/img] mm51.jpg

first of all, fantastic books everybody. I mean no disrespect, they are just beautiful. But, I can't help but note that bondage covers work better with damsels in distress IMO than with cowering sidekicks. I'm just sayin'. :whistle:

+1

I know Billbo. The dyed in the wool DC man that you are MUCH prefers Robins ability to get to the "bottom" of things, as on the cover of Batman #7 :baiting:

mm51.jpg

I've always liked that cover but I doubt if a hot iron could brand Toro's body since it would probably melt when he got close. hm

Even though it's a bit hard to see, I like the roasted flesh on the brander's shoulder that's been sheered off of his face by the Torch's mighty uppercut. I also like the idea that one branding iron might not be enough to achieve the desired effect, so they had another one on the fire ..... just in case!!!

mm51.jpg

I've always liked that cover but I doubt if a hot iron could brand Toro's body since it would probably melt when he got close. hm

Ah, but this cover epitomizes Marvel Mystery collecting if for no other reason than it literally screams strike while the iron is hot! :devil:

A damsel in distress would be better than Toro, but I have always liked this cover because of the classic hooded villains by Schomburg. I wish I still had my lowly restored copy.

Since I find myself doing most of my posting under this thread, it is here that I'd like to wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Same to you Jimbo

Thanks Billbo!! I hope you had a great Christmas (thumbs u

I hope you had a wonderful Holiday Jimmiojumpnjive (thumbs u

Since I find myself doing most of my posting under this thread, it is here that I'd like to wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Same to you Jimbo

i'm sure all my geekopotomiirorovianovites had a GREAT x-mas.

Same to you Jimbo

i'm sure all my geekopotomiirorovianovites had a GREAT x-mas.

smiley-happy039.gifsmiley-chores032.gif

Here's to all of my fellow GA board mates; hope y'all have had one heck of a wonderful holiday...

1ad64209.jpg

smiley-happy057.gif

...as I'm still reeling from mine!

smiley-greet004.gifI raise a toast to my board buds: May 2012 be productive, prosperous and fulfilling for everyone!!!

Jan., Feb., Mar., Apr., June, July, Aug., Sept., O'ct., Nov., Dec., too! :gossip:

Edited by DavidMerryweather

not exactly a timely, but it sure fits a run of mine. this is a very hard ped to get to fit into a timely s/h run, and i've been after one for years. so happy to have this subby. uc subby and b'hem to the market soon.

subby40.jpg