• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,082 posts in this topic

Timely arrivals from a couple of my favorite friendly neighborhood dealers (Texas is a mighty big neighborhood) ------

From Comic Heaven and that-man-of-few-words, John Verzyl, a super copy (top census!) of Daring Mystery #5 ... :whee:

img_DM5_189-1.jpg

[font:Comic Sans MS]Muchas gracias![/font] :cloud9:

From Houston's debonaire Sir Richard of Bedrock, a long sought after grail, Daring Mystery #8 (Recil Macon) ... :whee:

img_DM8_191-3.jpg

[font:Comic Sans MS]Thank you, sir! [/font] (worship)

And the cherry on top? Both Daring's present much better than their respective grades! smiley-dance001.gifsmiley-dance001.gif

Edited by DavidMerryweather

:acclaim:Thanks, Bill.

While thinking about it, I'll post scans of several more raw books that I picked up from John on Sunday. MM will always be one of the kewlist titles around. :insane:

img_MM13_185.jpg

img_MM16_186.jpg

img_MM22_187-1.jpg

These books present extremely in apparent high grade with only minor to moderate restoration.

smiley-dance001.gif My motto: Never let a little pro. resto get in the way of enjoying great GA comics. (thumbs u

Timely arrivals from a couple of my favorite friendly neighborhood dealers (Texas is a mighty big neighborhood) ------

From Comic Heaven and that-man-of-few-words, John Verzyl, a super copy (top census!) of Daring Mystery #5 ... :whee:

img_DM5_189-1.jpg

From Houston's debonaire Sir Richard of Bedrock, a long sought after grail, Daring Mystery #8 (Recil Macon) ... :whee:

img_DM8_191-3.jpg

And the cherry on top? Both Daring's present much better than their respective grades! smiley-dance001.gifsmiley-dance001.gif

So that explains something. I spoke with John a couple of days ago and he said he had just made a few rounds after Chicago. Looks like he found you, or vice versa. Those are fabulous! It seems, the more I see of Darings, the more I fall for them. Congrats!! (thumbs u

[font:Comic Sans MS]From the mighty jaws of Gator I wrestled this treasure...[/font]

img_HT5B85_201-5.jpg

Thanks, buddy! (thumbs u

My undercopy...

img_HT5B_053.jpg

[font:Comic Sans MS]Next stop, ...the OCD thread![/font] :insane:

The fine print: Sorry about the quality of these Epson scans; the color and contrast adjustments on Frodo-bucket suck pond water as well. :sorry:

img_DM5_189-1.jpg

img_DM8_191-3.jpg

Beautiful books Cat! I had the pleasure of thumbing thru the Daring 8 before Richard slabbed it a few years ago.It is a real stunner in hand.So fresh and bouncy!

I just got a nice DM back from CGC yesterday.I absolutely love the covers on this short run!

daring3.jpg

img_DM5_189-1.jpg

img_DM8_191-3.jpg

Beautiful books Cat! I had the pleasure of thumbing thru the Daring 8 before Richard slabbed it a few years ago.It is a real stunner in hand.So fresh and bouncy!

I just got a nice DM back from CGC yesterday.I absolutely love the covers on this short run!

daring3.jpg

:acclaim: Thank you Mr. Logan!

Billy's right, ...that Daring #3 of your'n is a killer copy. Looks much better in the scan than 8.0 too! (worship)

[font:Comic Sans MS]From the mighty jaws of Gator I wrestled this treasure...[/font]

img_HT5B85_201-5.jpg

Thanks, buddy! (thumbs u

My undercopy...

img_HT5B_053.jpg

[font:Comic Sans MS]Next stop, ...the OCD thread![/font] :insane:

The fine print: Sorry about the quality of these Epson scans; the color and contrast adjustments on Frodo-bucket suck pond water as well. :sorry:

Wow! ^^

Edited by mdktkd2

Good golly, that's an awesome book! One of my favorite Schomburg covers. Love it!

Thanks Roy. I love it too. Early Schomburg covers are some of the best the GA has to offer imho.It's hard for me to narrow down to just a few favorites since he did so many great ones,but this would be at the top of my list.

mm4.jpg

Edited by Xavier Logan

I would probably add DM #3 into my top 11 list of Schomburgs - I simply forgot about it when we had that thread a few weeks ago.

I agree that MM #4 is right up there.

Is that yours? I know there was a very slightly restored higher grade copy floating around a few years ago - that must be it!

whoa, nelly!!!

I knew you'd approve. I guess us Timely geeks always thought 3 was the toughest to find huh? The census shows 12 copies have been slabbed and only one higher at 8.5. :banana:

:o I decided to check the most recent census for each book; #7 is the most common graded copy, but wow, just WOW, ...these books are scarce! :gossip:

I know there are probably more raw, ungraded copies out there, but like Mr Parker said, "whoa, nelly!!!"

Congrats again on a super snag, Russ! smiley-happy096.gif