• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
29 29

23,175 posts in this topic

Yes that is my MM 4, but it's no longer slabbed. :o

It is the white rose copy from that killer collection of Timelys Heritage had.

I looked at it on Heritage. What a gorgeous book.

Definitely needed to be freed.

whoa, nelly!!!

I knew you'd approve. I guess us Timely geeks always thought 3 was the toughest to find huh? The census shows 12 copies have been slabbed and only one higher at 8.5. :banana:

Certainly dont see it around much! Beautiful copy Russ! I think some of these early Schomburg covers are among his most original and adventurous - before thay start to become overly formulaic a few years later.

Yes that is my MM 4, but it's no longer slabbed. :o

It is the white rose copy from that killer collection of Timelys Heritage had.

I looked at it on Heritage. What a gorgeous book.

Definitely needed to be freed.

But Roy, you know that we're all just prisoners here of our own device. :baiting:

daring3.jpg

Good golly, that's an awesome book! One of my favorite Schomburg covers. Love it!

Way to go, Russ - Daring Mystery 3 and Mystic Comics 2 are two of my favorite (lesser known) Schomburg covers.

:o I decided to check the most recent census for each book; #7 is the most common graded copy, but wow, just WOW, ...these books are scarce! :gossip:

I know there are probably more raw, ungraded copies out there, but like Mr Parker said, "whoa, nelly!!!"

Congrats again on a super snag, Russ! smiley-happy096.gif

Thanks Cat.I'm super happy with it!

I see issue 6&7 quite a bit followed by 1,but the others seem fairly rare to find on the open market.

Certainly dont see it around much! Beautiful copy Russ! I think some of these early Schomburg covers are among his most original and adventurous - before thay start to become overly formulaic a few years later.

Thanks Michael. I agree completely with your take on Schomburg. His later Timely covers can look very much alike.

Way to go, Russ - Daring Mystery 3 and Mystic Comics 2 are two of my favorite (lesser known) Schomburg covers.

Thanks Steve.I don't know about the Mystic 2 being lesser known though.I am having a very difficult time adding one to my collection. :frustrated:

:o I decided to check the most recent census for each book; #7 is the most common graded copy, but wow, just WOW, ...these books are scarce! :gossip:

I know there are probably more raw, ungraded copies out there, but like Mr Parker said, "whoa, nelly!!!"

Congrats again on a super snag, Russ! smiley-happy096.gif

Thanks Cat.I'm super happy with it!

I see issue 6&7 quite a bit followed by 1,but the others seem fairly rare to find on the open market.

You're welcome, Russ. :headbang:

BTW, while we're on Mystics, here's one that I've had for awhile, but just recently scanned and uploaded...

img_Mystic5_200-1.jpg