• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,082 posts in this topic

finally got a crowley timely, and a big ol' fat #1, to boot!

allsurprise1.jpg

I saw that one last night and wondered if you were going after it. Congrats :applause:

I heard about it and wondered if you were wondering if Billy would be going after it. :acclaim:

allsurprise1.jpg

I saw that one last night and wondered if you were going after it. Congrats :applause:

I heard about it and wondered if you were wondering if Billy would be going after it. :acclaim:

Kismet my friend :)

allsurprise1.jpg

I didnt see it and my mind was a complete blank that night - no surprise there, except for an all too brief moment when, surprised by my own prescience, I found myself wondering if there was anything I should be wondering about? Nearly had me worried for a second, but then I thought "Kismet" and as if by magic the moment passed.

And of course it's widely known, the word kismet was used on Season 5 Episode 25 of Star Trek DS9. Jake Sisco and the Ferengi Nag were bidding for a 1951 earth baseball card at one of Quark's auctions. They planned to give it to Benjamin Sisco, captain of DS9 to raise his spirits. They were outbid by someone with a lot more gold pressed latinum (space currency) than them. Here's the dialog:

Jake Sisco: I want to give my dad something that will bring a little joy into his life. Something special. Im telling you that baseball card is the answer. Its kismet.

Nag: Kiss you ?

Jake Sisco: (annoyed) Kismet - fate, destiny. I was meant to give that card to my father.

Clearly, this is the episode Bill is referring to in his witty repost - er, ripost.

Now the word ripost...

allsurprise1.jpg

AWESOME pick-up Billy!!! Comicconnect didn't send me a catolog, so I didn't pay any attention to their auction .... out of site .... whatever! I'm glad you won it, as down the line, I see it coming my way if you part with it :makepoint:

I just got this one from Moondog. It's no pedigree :lol:, but it actually presents well for the grade. I've already cracked it out and put it in a Mylar. :cloud9:

Cap27FC.jpg