• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,072 posts in this topic

I just got this one from Moondog. It's no pedigree :lol:, but it actually presents well for the grade. I've already cracked it out and put it in a Mylar. :cloud9:

Cap27FC.jpg

Very jealous Larry. Love those motorcycle covers.

I just got this one from Moondog. It's no pedigree :lol:, but it actually presents well for the grade. I've already cracked it out and put it in a Mylar. :cloud9:

Cap27FC.jpg

That is awesome! Does not have to be high-grade to be Timely-Shweeet! :luhv:

So, I've never seen Extensive Amatuer resto before; what was done to the book?

Thanks, guys!

The label says Extensive Amateur (restoration includes color touch, pieces added, tear seals, reinforced, staples replaced, centerfold trimmed).

The trimmed centerfold is the only thing that bugs me, but I really couldn't tell when I looked at the book.

The trimmed centerfold is the only thing that bugs me, but I really couldn't tell when I looked at the book.

Great book Larry (thumbs u

A 'trimmed centerfold" notation could mean anything from something major like all edges cut down to something minor like excess paper at a corner left over from the printing process being cut away after the fact. Given the book as a whole a "trimmed centerfold" is no big deal to me.

Thanks, guys!

The label says Extensive Amateur (restoration includes color touch, pieces added, tear seals, reinforced, staples replaced, centerfold trimmed).

I agree with Mr. Bedrock: Don't let the trim bug ya! That is a great cover! (thumbs u

And thanks for the quick answer on the restoration!

Great book Larry (thumbs u

A 'trimmed centerfold" notation could mean anything from something major like all edges cut down to something minor like excess paper at a corner left over from the printing process being cut away after the fact. Given the book as a whole a "trimmed centerfold" is no big deal to me.

Thanks for the info, Richard. I have a feeling that what I put in bold is what happened.

Thanks, guys!

I agree with Mr. Bedrock: Don't let the trim bug ya! That is a great cover! (thumbs u

And thanks for the quick answer on the restoration!

No problem! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Peter! :)

and do you know what kind of motorcycle the Cap is riding? Here's where I learn whether anyone actually reads my posts. rantrant

An Indian

^^

Of course, the suicide shift was on the right side. Cap rode both, Harley and Indian, and replaced them whenever they went into the water or off the road, or dropped or they were shot up, it would seem. Or perhaps Schomburg didn't care which side the shifter was on. A toe shifter would be easier to ride but not the US Army standard during the war.