• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,088 posts in this topic

can't let this thread get into july without a post since 6/19. so, here is the very first timely i ever acquired, which still resides proudly in my cap run. from an original owner collection found near rochester; my 3, 6 and 10 are all from the same cache.

cap9.jpg

That's awesome Billy! :applause:

My first Timely I bought 25 years ago, but sold 18 years ago. It's a Marvel Mystery Comics #74 that I bought from the classified newspaper ads. It is currently sitting on ebay in a CGC 9.0 holder (JHV has it.) I've been tempted to get it back. hm

My first Timely was a Marvel 72 bought at a HoustonCon in the early '70s from Tanner Miles for $25. It now resides in the collection of my favorite geek.

My first Timely was a Marvel 72 bought at a HoustonCon in the early '70s from Tanner Miles for $25. It now resides in the collection of my favorite geek.

[font:Times New Roman]I picked up my first Timely less than a decade ago. :blush:

Given what my collection looks like now is a tribute to how addictive they are! [/font] :insane:

can't let this thread get into july without a post since 6/19. so, here is the very first timely i ever acquired, which still resides proudly in my cap run. from an original owner collection found near rochester; my 3, 6 and 10 are all from the same cache.

cap9.jpg

:applause: [font:Times New Roman]Nice one, Billy. One of my faves of the S&K ten.[/font]

this ol' thing?

mm72.jpg

My first Timely was a Marvel Mystery Comics number 13 that I bought at an El Paso Texas convention ~1989. It was three hole punched and trimmed on one side but it was also only a hundred dollars. I got it CGC graded and sold it a number of years ago. If anybody knows where it resides I'd love to buy it back someday. :cry:

that new one joins this'un---i really have a hankering to find the b'stone 2 d-copy now, and thus have the whole, albeit small, run from mr. crippen.

bstone3.jpg

So does Blackstone save his hide?

[font:Times New Roman]It doesn't look like a fatal choice to me. Neither of 'em are actually tied to the rails (Blackstone could roll off or she could stand-up and fall forward).

The bad guys apparently didn't think this one through very well.[/font] doh!