• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
29 29

23,113 posts in this topic

darn near shut-out at c'connect, but last nite managed to get a little mm upgrade.

mm42-1.jpg

Not an S to Z kinda guy? hm

planet 23 was the last one i was tracking; another loser for me.

would be nice to see all the other Cap 46's out there...

How come the world didn't know what the Nazi's were doing but the comics did?

Great point. Makes you wonder if they used comics as a secret method of communicating stuff to the front lines?

Thats an interesting supposition... Along with National 18 published 6 months before Peal Harbor...

Great point. Makes you wonder if they used comics as a secret method of communicating stuff to the front lines?

But the world did know, they just chose to ignore it. There were articles about the concentration camps in Jewish newspapers in New York as early as 1943, and possibly earlier. Captain America 46 would have hit the stands in January 1945.

I am indeed Ricky!!! I'm actually in the process of (hold your breath and clench up people) DOWNGRADING some Caps so I have addition funds to purchase MORE Caps :headbang: I know my new direction is highly unorthodox in many peoples eyes, but I'll leave the smoking high grade Caps to the guys that can actually AFFORD to build the run in grade. Love me some Caps people!!! This is Cap 16 - 31 :) I have others, but this is my largest unbroken block :)

cap16-31_zpsdb357471.jpg

Very nice, Jim! I'm really happy to see these for 2 reasons:

1) They are in a good home! :applause:

2) The more you already have, the less we will be competing for the same mid- grades! :devil:

P.S. Its funny you mention downgrading. I just sold a few of my higher grade ASM keys to fund my Cap obsession! Its a sickness I tells ya! :hi:

Edited by mdktkd2

Thanks you guys :)

Jeff, I completely understand shifting funds around to keep in the Golden Age hunt ESPECIALLY for Caps!!! We're both fortunate though in that there are LOTS of lower to mid-grade Caps out there to choose from (thumbs u

I love the strategy. I'm employing a similar one as well Jimbo

But the world did know, they just chose to ignore it. There were articles about the concentration camps in Jewish newspapers in New York as early as 1943, and possibly earlier. Captain America 46 would have hit the stands in January 1945.

The world knew about concentration camps during the war, but did not know millions of people were being killed and burned in ovens... I remember my parents saying how shocking it was to find out and the news at that time softened it all up. When the Americans came into the camps after liberation they were shocked..Cap 46 clearly shows a jewish man about to be burned in an oven.

http://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/american-response-to-the-holocaust

Edited by sartre