• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,088 posts in this topic

Thanks you guys :)

Jeff, I completely understand shifting funds around to keep in the Golden Age hunt ESPECIALLY for Caps!!! We're both fortunate though in that there are LOTS of lower to mid-grade Caps out there to choose from (thumbs u

(thumbs u

would be nice to see all the other Cap 46's out there...

How come the world didn't know what the Nazi's were doing but the comics did?

Great point. Makes you wonder if they used comics as a secret method of communicating stuff to the front lines?

But the world did know, they just chose to ignore it. There were articles about the concentration camps in Jewish newspapers in New York as early as 1943, and possibly earlier. Captain America 46 would have hit the stands in January 1945.

would be nice to see all the other Cap 46's out there...

How come the world didn't know what the Nazi's were doing but the comics did?

Great point. Makes you wonder if they used comics as a secret method of communicating stuff to the front lines?

But the world did know, they just chose to ignore it. There were articles about the concentration camps in Jewish newspapers in New York as early as 1943, and possibly earlier. Captain America 46 would have hit the stands in January 1945.

The world knew about concentration camps during the war, but did not know millions of people were being killed and burned in ovens... I remember my parents saying how shocking it was to find out and the news at that time softened it all up. When the Americans came into the camps after liberation they were shocked..Cap 46 clearly shows a jewish man about to be burned in an oven.

http://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/american-response-to-the-holocaust

There were reports of extermination camps as early as 1942, and the government and anyone interested would have had known many of the horrific specifics by 1944, but with the priority being to crush the Nazi war machine and no photo documentation to bring home the horrors to the average person, the mainstream press didn't report much on them until the liberations began in 1945, so while they were hardly a secret, it's understandable that most Americans , including G.I.s fighting in Europe would have been unaware of the depth of depravity involved until they actually got to the camps.

Even today mass killings and genocides frequently go unnoticed by most Americans unless they reach numbers that are hard to ignore and capture the imagination of the mainstream press. During a global conflict in which 10s of millions died in just a few years, and the fate of the world was felt to hang in the balance, genocide would have been have been seen as one of many threads of human violence during the war.

Jeff, I completely understand shifting funds around to keep in the Golden Age hunt ESPECIALLY for Caps!!! We're both fortunate though in that there are LOTS of lower to mid-grade Caps out there to choose from (thumbs u

I love the strategy. I'm employing a similar one as well Jimbo

It's a good way to go if you want to have more comics to enjoy!! Don't get me wrong though, I'll still have some high grade books around, just not a lot of high grade Timely books.

I love the strategy. I'm employing a similar one as well Jimbo

It's a good way to go if you want to have more comics to enjoy!! Don't get me wrong though, I'll still have some high grade books around, just not a lot of high grade Timely books.

There is a guy, Angelo Comics, that I met yesterday and he said he scored a large group of high grade Timely funny animal comics. You may want to track him down

wow those look like mid 7s sittin in 5.0 holders!! well done good sir!! i like mine lower personally but if I collected mid grade those would be what I shot for!! I think the lower grades are trending up in price as we have all seen as many of us are just simply priced out of the upper end books especially with younger collectors that are learning to appreciate the GOLD for what it is!! AWESOME!! I personally have not saved enough to go after those big books and be comfortable YET!! I would rather have multiple "grail" type books as it satisfies my taste buds more ... departing with the über high grades to build a nice mid grade run seems like a swell idea in my book (thumbs u this is no knock on the high grade collectors my hat will always be off to the people able to put collections together like that as it presents many difficult challenges I just can't so I will sit back with my low end collection and admire for now :cloud9:

i pressed the mm 9 up from a 1.7.

lol:headbang: and that MM9 is a thing of beauty!!!!! I thought I liked the recent MM9 1.8 that CConnect offered but yours even tops that one!! both have small pieces out of spine but I think yours is less noticeable...great book as always (thumbs u