• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
29 29

23,174 posts in this topic

Marvel Mystery Comics #84 CGC 8.0

Issue #84 has the only cover appearance of Captain America!

DSC02186.jpg

not exactly true. i'm getting ahead of ourselves, but...

mm80.jpg

and beautiful 84, sir!

Canadian copies weren't smudged because Canadians are a cleaner people.

because i like him so much [not to mention the opportunity to exercise my own exhibitionist streak], i'm going to post my pedestrian copies of timely's books as they correspond to his series of posts. this will let y'all appreciate the quality of his books even more, and i'll have fun as well.

92. interesting note: check the "scuff" on the left column of the "m." it's on both copies, and the flaw is on virutally every copy i've ever seen.

mm92.jpg

hm That scuff appears to be a wet ink smear :eek: (it looks like it was pulled off the press too soon and folded before the ink dried), but...

img_MarvelMystery92_074.jpg

...reality isn't always virtual. :grin::baiting:

Marvel Mystery Comics #84 CGC 8.0

Issue #84 has the only cover appearance of Captain America!

DSC02186.jpg

not exactly true. i'm getting ahead of ourselves, but...

mm80.jpg

and beautiful 84, sir!

Do floating heads count? I guess... :eyeroll:

Canadian copies weren't smudged because Canadians are a cleaner people.

because i like him so much [not to mention the opportunity to exercise my own exhibitionist streak], i'm going to post my pedestrian copies of timely's books as they correspond to his series of posts. this will let y'all appreciate the quality of his books even more, and i'll have fun as well.

92. interesting note: check the "scuff" on the left column of the "m." it's on both copies, and the flaw is on virutally every copy i've ever seen.

mm92.jpg

hm That scuff appears to be a wet ink smear :eek: (it looks like it was pulled off the press too soon and folded before the ink dried), but...

img_MarvelMystery92_074.jpg

...reality isn't always virtual. :grin::baiting:

My filthy American friend is correct. :grin: BTW that Canadian copy is my old one, use to be in a CGC 5.5 label.

MM92cad.jpg

My filthy American friend is correct. :grin: BTW that Canadian copy is my old one, use to be in a CGC 5.5 label.

MM92cad.jpg

Who had it first? :baiting: That book sure has seen the rounds on these boards.................