• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,107 posts in this topic

No, it is far from complete. I could have made a complete set by now if I bought lower grades & restored books but I have always chosen quality over quantity. I've only been collecting Timely's for 11 years so it certainly is a long-term goal. I do collect other comics from other publishers so that also takes away from buying more Timely's at times.

No, it is far from complete. I could have made a complete set by now if I bought lower grades & restored books but I have always chosen quality over quantity. I've only been collecting Timely's for 11 years so it certainly is a long-term goal. I do collect other comics from other publishers so that also takes away from buying more Timely's at times.

:headbang: (thumbs u That's very similar to the manner in which I collect, my focus being on interesting cover art and grade more than targeted runs.

That's a sweet looking #67, BTW. :applause:

love me some lower grades!

captamer1.jpg

love me some restored timely's!!!

KansasCity.jpg

redraven.jpg

love me some quality!

usa1-1.jpg

and i'm broad-minded about what kind of quality i love!

military14.jpg

love me some quantity, too!!!!!!!!

capsI.jpg

capsII.jpg

capsIII.jpg

capsIV.jpg

capsV.jpg

capsVI.jpg

capsVII.jpg

hell, i love me all kinds of timely's!!!!!

That's telling em Billy! I chuckled at each of your last examples to West's post about quality over quantity.

Some of us, led by you, define quality in more ways than just high grade. Quality comes in all grades and levels of restoration, not just the big fancy number in the corner.

:)

West, Richard, and Cat have gorgeous collections, but I'd take yours any day :)

love me some quantity, too!!!!!!!!

capsI.jpg

capsII.jpg

capsIII.jpg

capsIV.jpg

capsV.jpg

capsVI.jpg

capsVII.jpg

All great books! (thumbs u

That's telling em Billy! I chuckled at each of your last examples to West's post about quality over quantity.

Some of us, led by you, define quality in more ways than just high grade. Quality comes in all grades and levels of restoration, not just the big fancy number in the corner.

thanks pons! no doubt my collecting criteria doesn't maximize investment potential like exclusively hi-grade hunters get, but i have fun chasing my runs in any grade that meets the eye-test for me.

Edited by Straw-Man

rantrant Um, I never said Billy did not have a quality collection!

I'm sorry if me explaining how I collect offended anyone. doh!