• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cover Bubbles?

6 posts in this topic

I just bought the new variant cover of Secret warriors #1 and have come to notice that there are very small blisters or bubbles on the cover. It almost looks as though someone sprayed perfume or water somewhere in the vacinity of the book and some may have gotten on it.There is no discoloring and you wouldn't notice it at first glance. Is there any chance that this could have been on the manufacturers end? or is it a flaw? Not sure if anything in the printing process could have contributed to this or not.

Just to clarify, when you say blisters and bubbles are we talking about raised bumps that sit on, or even lifted the cover inks? Or more flat circular rings left behind from possible moisture damage.

A photo would help, and also welcome to the boards. :hi:

Just to clarify, when you say blisters and bubbles are we talking about raised bumps that sit on, or even lifted the cover inks? Or more flat circular rings left behind from possible moisture damage.

yeah, it looks more like the raised bumps you mentioned, not flat circular rings. I just wanna find out if that will effect the grading dramatically so I can decide if I will send it in or not. Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll try to get a pic if I can.

Well,even without seeing it my initial thought is a big fat NO, do not sub it to CGC.

Especially given the book and grade you probably want.

Unfortunately, this is the best I can come up with. You really can't even see the bubbles here. You can see them if you tilt the comic under the light. straight on you can barely notice, and in the picture I can't even see them at all. sorry, this pic is prolly useless (shrug)

toddsgaycomicbook.jpg