• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Over The Top Gore...

50 posts in this topic

Was going through a recent lot I won here on the Boards and the covers to some of the more cheap 70s magazines really crack me up due to their over the top gore. I guess they had to do something to separate themselves on the racks from all those Frazetta, Kelly, and Boris covers... lol

So I thought it''ll be fun, because I'm awake and bored to death, to share some of them for the Board...

For example...nice cleavage...

Dec_1974.jpg

Jim

Was going through a recent lot I won here on the Boards and the covers to some of the more cheap 70s magazines really crack me up due to their over the top gore. I guess they had to do something to separate themselves on the racks from all those Frazetta, Kelly, and Boris covers... lol

So I thought it''ll be fun, because I'm awake and bored to death, to share some of them for the Board...

For example...nice cleavage...

Dec_1974.jpg

Jim

I thought this was going to be a bit about the internet-inventing, global warming former VP. I was all ready to hit the Mods button and all....

Uh wait. This isn't a political post at all. My reply might be though.

Umm just move along. Nothing to see here.

Nice mag, though and rarely seen. (thumbs u

The thing I find really interesting about these mags is that much of the violence is monster on monster violence. It's almost like the publishers were thinking, "hey, folks won't object to all this lurid, bloody violence if it's just vampires and werewolves and mummies ripping each other apart."